• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 4
U.S. agent Leon Kennedy has been tasked to look into the abduction of the President's daughter and his investigation has led him to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find out what is behind the terror.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Capcom

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
You can read more about Resident Evil 4 in the Wiki.

Use this thread to discuss the game. Alternatively, feel free to post a thread with a more specific question and/or discussion!

There seems to be much love for Resident Evil 4 at Umbrella Online - despite the current lack of activity in this thread.

Did you know that the game features English subtitles? You'd be forgiven if not, they can only be activated when the game is played in any other language.. 😵
Above fact is brought to you by https://twitter.com/ResiFacts

I really enjoy resident evil 4. I feel it is very underrated and people don't give it the attention it deserves.

This was my first Resi and one of the only ones I've finished - pretty great game alright, haven't played it in a while because I played it bucketloads when I was younger. Definitely love how sassy Leon is too.

Resident Evil 4 was one of those game-changers (literally). It's a bit dated now with it's stop-and-shoot mechanic, but at the time that was a novel and unique way of doing combat. It's still a heck of a lot of fun to play with loads of little secrets here and there.

And as a fun bit of trivia.. the Leon's voice actor also voiced the Merchant (what're ya buyin?)

This game is an absolute classic! My favourite way to play is on the Nintendo Wii, it's so easy to get enemies with the Wiimote and it's so much fun with the Wiimote.

This game is an absolute classic! My favourite way to play is on the Nintendo Wii, it's so easy to get enemies with the Wiimote and it's so much fun with the Wiimote.
Hell yeah dude the Wii was my first venture with the game and it was one of the only games where I really had a blast with the Wii's motion controls - I had one of those plastic gun model things you would place your Wiimote & Nunchuck into, it felt so good

Man did I feel like a headless chicken going into the game on PC with a 360 controller years after :v

It's pretty common knowledge that I've never finished Resident Evil 4.. I couldn't even accurately tell you my furthest point in the game! 😳

I'm putting that right starting this week, and will be live streaming my progress!

Ahahaha yeah, I really suck at aiming with normal controls. I'm a big fan of the Wiimote, especially for the pointer with the sensor bar, it was a better feature than the actual motion controls. The Wii really is a swan song for light gun style games overall. I have tried to play Re4 in different ways, the only time I've beaten it outside of the Wii version was on GameCube and that was with the help of Action Replay ahahaha, so doing it officially on Wii with the Wiimote felt so satisfying.

Just finished Part 2 of the stream today, and I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3-1.

This game really does play completely different to the Resident Evil games of old (and I suppose is likely to have started steering the games in a new direction). It constantly keeps you on your toes, and forces you to play more aggressively.

Got to love some of the one liners too.. Couldn't help chuckle at Louis' comment about Ashley's "ballistics"! 😅

I caught some of it, it was pretty fun watching someone else play!

How many saves though? Gettin close to 30 now? :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back