• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

What are you playing?

After finishing Need For Speed: Underground, I've now started playing through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Remastered) on my PS5 because.. why not?

I've never played it before, but I'm actually quite glad they took out the multiplayer stuff from the original release. It's been a while since I finished Assassin's Creed II, but the game does a decent job of making it feel like it was much more recent.

A couple hours of Monster Hunter Stories 2, seems good so far I really love the artstyle, the battles are a bit slow for an RPG I find but it makes sense considering how long the fights can be in MHW.

I've recently been messing with PS3 and PS2 emulators, and have been experimenting with MGS4 along with 2 and 3. They all work relatively well but these games rely heavily on the controller for specific things such as pressure sensitive face buttons and sixaxis stuff which isn't really a thing on the emulators.

Then I thought. Wait.. I have a PS3 in storage! I pulled it out and whaddya know I had MGS4 on disc and the MGS HD collection on my PSN account (along with the original Metal Gear Solid) - So I refurbished everything, hooked it up.. and I'm now playing the stuff on real hardware.

At first my PS3 controller was going craaaazy. Like every button was activating at random. I took the thing apart and cleaned it good with isopropyl (man, the PS3 controller was mega over-engineered.. they definitely simplified the design in the more recent hardware) and it seems to be behaving now.

I am happy with this. I think I will always keep my PS3.

Tried out Valorant for a bit on my laptop. Ran surprisingly well so it wasn't too bad of an experience. Got a few kills but definitely not a game I will be playing again because it just frustrated me lol. I don't think I'm a huge fan of games where you can't respawn right away.

Still on the Metal Gear funtimes.. I've always been a huge fan of the Metal Gear games. I'm currently playing MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, Twin Snakes and the original MGS kinda together.. I'm jumping between them. THAT'S CRAZY.

MGS3 is my favourite, it has been since release. I just like the fact that you can select between a dynamic camera and the old-style fixed camera, plus the Codec conversations are great.. and while there are your typical Kojima cutscenes, they're not as frequent and are generally quite short.

Been playing The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles when I have the time to do so - really enjoying what I've played but I've still not gotten past the first episode because I'm so busy :C

Looking to jump on No Man's Sky in a bit using the new Xbox Cloud Service thing for Game Pass Ultimate users. Not sure what the game is going to be like but I'm looking to get some nice extra points for Microsoft Rewards.

Back into NS2 now, my server seems to be getting more and more high rank players on it which is good - was always T3 average before but now it's usually T4, so I'm enjoying playing on it a lot more now.

I've been playing Valorant on my laptop over the past few days. My younger sister got me into it and it's pretty fun in small doses when I'm bored. Would love to play it on console at some point. I know they had plans to bring it to console but haven't heard anything more.

I've been playing Gravel (PS4) and Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) over the last couple of weeks..

Gravel is pretty fun, but frustrating in parts with the difficulty notched up a bit.. It also gets pretty repetitive, but it's otherwise a pretty solid racer. Wolfenstein is pretty decent, I'm not hugely into FPS games and have no experience with the series prior to this entry, but the storyline is gripping, and the graphics and gameplay are top notch too. It's a bit of a faff having to manually pick up items, but that's probably my only gripe.

Been playing GTA V a bit recently, haven't really had much time for anything.

Still playing through the MGS collection on PS3, but I've also bought Observer Redux on the PS5 — that game is really good, but it's typical of Bloober Team games… 100% mechanical, but still a good experience if you're into psychological horror.

Been playing GTA V a bit recently, haven't really had much time for anything.
I really need to get back into it as well especially with the new DLC. I've been getting the free million GTA$ that PS Plus players get every month but haven't been playing as much because other games have received all my attention.

A bit more of the newer YGO: Legacy of the Duelist. Finally starting to get some cards that match my real deck, but I still don't even have 10, let alone the 40 requirement.

I have been enjoying the EA Access trial of FIFA 22 over the past few days. Gives me a little bit of a head start on the players that start playing when the game actually launches. It's been pretty fun as well especially since I have packed some great players.

Some Tales of Zestiria and planning on starting Psychonauts later on tonight. I'm enjoying the former and the latter looks good too, I've had both of these games in my library for a good number of years now so I'm chuffed to be getting them out of the way.

Been playing the Battlefield 2042 Open Beta over the weekend alongside some other games. Not a huge fan of it at the moment due to how slow the gameplay feels even with 120+ players in one game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back