• Please note Umbrella Online is currently undergoing maintenance and may be offline for short intervals.

What are you playing?

Currently reading:
What are you playing?

JoyFreak

I'm currently playing Pokemon Sword on my Nintendo Switch. I've finished all the quests but I like to explore the world all over again and catch as many Pokemon's as possible., as they say, gotta catch em all ;)

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
I have just started playing Biomutant.

Reviews for this game are haphazard - this game was developed by a much smaller team over a number of years, so it's a little dated feeling and the controls are weird. But it's not a bad game - I like it.

Comment

Ash

Thanks to the latest PS Plus free games lineup, I've tried out Star Wars Squadrons which is quite fun. It will be interesting to see how much I enjoy it the more I progress through the story.

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Gonna be getting bet into Ratchet and Clank I think later, as it seems some dev builds of PCSX2 can run it quite well now.

Comment

JoyFreak

I purchased Fall Guys earlier today so I'll be digging into that throughout the week to see what the fuss is all about. Has anyone else tried it?

Comment

Ash

Thanks to my new Xbox Series X (which actually came quite fast, I didn't expect them to be able to deliver it so fast with the stock issues), I have been enjoying Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 recently. Loving both games a lot!

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
Playing FF7 Remake Intergrade - it was a free update for PS5 owners and I'd say it's the only way the remake should be played. Specifically in performance mode - a solid 60fps. The resolution is below 4K but I struggled to find a massive difference in visual quality than the resolution mode which only plays at 30fps.. Once you go 60fps you never wanna go back to 30!

Plus because of the PS5's SSD tech the textures load properly as well. And the load times are ridiculously quick. Launch the game, hit continue.. and you're back in the game in a flash.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
I've been playing Pokémon Blue again this week having finally caught Zapdos (I was very lucky with it too)..

..and I've completed it! For the first time ever 😁 now I just have another 70+ Pokémon to try and catch/evolve. I'll be updating my progress report at Fortree Forums as soon as I have a few minutes to do so.

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
Started up MK11 again as I realised I hadn't tried it since upgrading my PC.

It's changed a little (and I mean.. a little) since I last played, but Spawn is now in it. As well as RoboCop and a few other 'Klassic' MK characters. It still is one of the best games I've ever played.

Comment

apathy

Got my server ranked in NS2 the other week so I've been bet into that - have my MoTD set to a webpage on my website so I'm seeing about 100 extra visitors a day from it :D

Comment

Ash

Been playing quite a bit of Sea of Thieves recently on the Series X. I've always loved the look of the game and it's been nice to finally have a chance at playing it. The developers did an amazing job with the waves and the water physics. I've also just been playing Cold War from time to time

Comment

apathy

Played a bit of Nocturne since I discovered you can stop it crashing by setting an env var, but I still haven't played loads of it because it's not detecting my controller properly.

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
Been playing SOMA, which is unique for me as I don’t tend to play horror games where you cannot fight back…

But it has a Safe Mode.. where you basically cannot die (unless the game forces you to do so or it’ll presumably break some logic). So essentially threats are still out there and will engage with you if they see you but they either will just continue to threaten or they will attack and while it knocks you back etc.. you can just continue on.

So I’m basically playing it for the atmosphere, the story and the exploration. It’s damn good. No way I would play this game without that Safe Mode. 😂

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
After finishing Need For Speed: Underground, I've now started playing through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Remastered) on my PS5 because.. why not?

I've never played it before, but I'm actually quite glad they took out the multiplayer stuff from the original release. It's been a while since I finished Assassin's Creed II, but the game does a decent job of making it feel like it was much more recent.

Comment

apathy

A couple hours of Monster Hunter Stories 2, seems good so far I really love the artstyle, the battles are a bit slow for an RPG I find but it makes sense considering how long the fights can be in MHW.

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
I’ve recently been messing with PS3 and PS2 emulators, and have been experimenting with MGS4 along with 2 and 3. They all work relatively well but these games rely heavily on the controller for specific things such as pressure sensitive face buttons and sixaxis stuff which isn’t really a thing on the emulators.

Then I thought. Wait.. I have a PS3 in storage! I pulled it out and whaddya know I had MGS4 on disc and the MGS HD collection on my PSN account (along with the original Metal Gear Solid) - So I refurbished everything, hooked it up.. and I’m now playing the stuff on real hardware.

At first my PS3 controller was going craaaazy. Like every button was activating at random. I took the thing apart and cleaned it good with isopropyl (man, the PS3 controller was mega over-engineered.. they definitely simplified the design in the more recent hardware) and it seems to be behaving now.

I am happy with this. I think I will always keep my PS3.

Comment

Ash

Tried out Valorant for a bit on my laptop. Ran surprisingly well so it wasn't too bad of an experience. Got a few kills but definitely not a game I will be playing again because it just frustrated me lol. I don't think I'm a huge fan of games where you can't respawn right away.

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
Still on the Metal Gear funtimes.. I've always been a huge fan of the Metal Gear games. I'm currently playing MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, Twin Snakes and the original MGS kinda together.. I'm jumping between them. THAT'S CRAZY.

MGS3 is my favourite, it has been since release. I just like the fact that you can select between a dynamic camera and the old-style fixed camera, plus the Codec conversations are great.. and while there are your typical Kojima cutscenes, they're not as frequent and are generally quite short.

Comment

apathy

Been playing The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles when I have the time to do so - really enjoying what I've played but I've still not gotten past the first episode because I'm so busy :C

Comment

Ash

Looking to jump on No Man's Sky in a bit using the new Xbox Cloud Service thing for Game Pass Ultimate users. Not sure what the game is going to be like but I'm looking to get some nice extra points for Microsoft Rewards.

Comment