• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

What are you playing?

Just Civ V with one of my buddies, had a pretty solid early game so now I'm conquering all of the city states without much issue.

I'm currently playing some Elden Ring with some OG Silent Hill 1 for good measure (and for research purposes..!)

Elden Ring… yeah it's good. It's expansive. But it still is the same Soulsborne formula. I was hoping it would be a little more accessible. But it's not! Same old pattern learning combat.

Aaaaand Silent Hill……

There is a reason PS1 games aren't really remastered. It's very dated and awkward. But I like it still, it's creepy and charming at the same time.

A lot, and I mean a lot of FIFA 22 yesterday. Tried to finish my 20 games for the FUT Champions mode since I'm busy today and I did manage it. Playing that many games was not fun though but I got the rewards that I wanted!

A lot, and I mean a lot of FIFA 22 yesterday. Tried to finish my 20 games for the FUT Champions mode since I'm busy today and I did manage it. Playing that many games was not fun though but I got the rewards that I wanted!
That is an absolutely insane amount of FIFA in one day!

Yeah, a bit too much. After the first few, it just becomes a chore really but you have to grind for those rewards if you want to keep up with the other players. You can spread it over 3 days of course but it's just easier to get it over and done with in a day.

Well, much respect for the dedication! I sure wouldn't be able to do that!

I've had enough Elden Ring, huge open worlds with many locations…

.. and now I'm playing Fallout 4 with lots of mods enabled (lore-friendly).

Prior to this I played New Vegas and 3 with over 100 mods applied to each. In some ways a modded Fallout 3 can look better than 4…

Fallout 4 is .. it's a lot more colourful than any of the other games, but a lot of the locations are kinda half-assed and not as good as they could have been. I would say New Vegas is still the best in the recent series.

I just hate myself, playing all these big open world games… 😂

Just NS2 as usual :v Only 7 hours away from unlocking the gold matchmaking badge now, and I think 147 wins away from unlocking the last skin (which is a pretty neat Fade skin but I'm unsure if I'll use it since it's not purple).

I've given Diablo Immortal a try on Android.

It's.. Diablo. Mobile feels like the ideal platform for it. The game got a LOT of stick from the community when it was announced (probably cos of how it was announced...)... but it's good?

Picked up FF7R the other day since it finally hit Steam so playing a bit of that in the evenings once NS2 matchmaking is over for the day.
Enjoying it so far, runs great on Linux which is always nice.

I've been playing RE: Dead Aim for 'research' purposes.. It's not that bad actually. What a bizarre combination of third person exploration AND an on-rails type shooter.

On top of that, been playing Vampire Survivors, Final Fantasy Tactics, The Quarry and RE3 remake.

I'm currently playing Driver: San Francisco (PS3), since Ubisoft have announced they're finally shutting down the servers.

I've only briefly played it before on the Xbox 360 and didn't really think much of it, but then again I didn't really give it chance. I'm obviously prioritising the online trophies at the moment, and am quite enjoying the experience..

Soul Hackers 2, working pretty well on Linux but there is the odd crash on startup.
Games pretty good, not too big into the soundtrack so far but I'm enjoying everything else. Have it running at 4k downsampled to 1080 and it looks amazing

I'm currently playing Onrush (PS4), once again trying to beat the announced server shutdown (Nov 30th).

1668248642284.png

It's actually really fun, despite being incredibly frustrating at times. It's the spiritual successor to MotorStorm, though I never played any of those games.. It's unlike other racing games in that you're racing to come first - heck, there's not even a physical start/finish line (though circuits are segregated into "laps") - the principle is fairly similar to Burnout in that you're racing to shutdown your opponents. Bit of a shame it's being shutdown actually..

Was playing a bit of P5R, the PC port is pretty decent and works well on Linux, but I played the crap outta the OG when it came out so I haven't put in more than 15 hours probably, still good craic though

I'm playing a lot of Outer Wilds at the moment. I beat it a while ago and returned to just blow it wide open with mods, including VR.

The scale feels a lot different when playing in VR. I thought I would be overwhelmed by the supernova when it comes at you but rather it felt good to be eaten up by it. Being blindsided by something however is a completely different case. I was heading to Giant's Deep and just sat in orbit only to be smacked in the side by the Orbital Probe Cannon which sent me spinning and down into Giant's Deep. I nearly fell over. :bellissimo: :clap_face: :clap_face:

I'm playing a pretty terrible JRPG at the moment.. Sephirothic Stories (PS4) - don't let the name fool you, this has nothing to do with Final Fantasy VII.

Perhaps "terrible" is a little harsh, but it's certainly not great either. It's made by a company called KEMCO who are pretty well known for copy/paste JRPGs.

The good news is I'm almost done with it and will soon be moving on to my next game.. 😂

I'm playing a pretty terrible JRPG at the moment.. Sephirothic Stories (PS4) - don't let the name fool you, this has nothing to do with Final Fantasy VII.

Perhaps "terrible" is a little harsh, but it's certainly not great either. It's made by a company called KEMCO who are pretty well known for copy/paste JRPGs.

The good news is I'm almost done with it and will soon be moving on to my next game.. 😂
...aaaand done. The final boss would have been much harder if the game didn't give you the option of full-health revival after death for a few poxy "battle points". Since I wanted the game done with, I took it 😝

I'm playing God of War: Ragnarok at the moment. I think I'm about to put it down for now though - I'm at that point in the game where I've pretty much mopped up everything apart from a couple of bits but they're kind of frustrating to get to.

So.. I think I'm done with it for a while.

It is very good. It's definitely a game built for all kinds of action gamer. It's got accessibility options which affect gameplay and visuals in pretty drastic ways.

Was enjoying some Hogwarts Legacy until an update ate my save file - might pick it back up in a day or two but that's definitely demoralizing lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back