• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    It's a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

What are you playing?

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Erm..
I'm currently playing Onrush (PS4), once again trying to beat the announced server shutdown (Nov 30th).

1668248642284.png

It's actually really fun, despite being incredibly frustrating at times. It's the spiritual successor to MotorStorm, though I never played any of those games.. It's unlike other racing games in that you're racing to come first - heck, there's not even a physical start/finish line (though circuits are segregated into "laps") - the principle is fairly similar to Burnout in that you're racing to shutdown your opponents. Bit of a shame it's being shutdown actually..

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Was playing a bit of P5R, the PC port is pretty decent and works well on Linux, but I played the crap outta the OG when it came out so I haven't put in more than 15 hours probably, still good craic though

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I'm playing a lot of Outer Wilds at the moment. I beat it a while ago and returned to just blow it wide open with mods, including VR.

The scale feels a lot different when playing in VR. I thought I would be overwhelmed by the supernova when it comes at you but rather it felt good to be eaten up by it. Being blindsided by something however is a completely different case. I was heading to Giant's Deep and just sat in orbit only to be smacked in the side by the Orbital Probe Cannon which sent me spinning and down into Giant's Deep. I nearly fell over. :bellissimo: :clap_face: :clap_face:

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Erm..
I'm playing a pretty terrible JRPG at the moment.. Sephirothic Stories (PS4) - don't let the name fool you, this has nothing to do with Final Fantasy VII.

Perhaps "terrible" is a little harsh, but it's certainly not great either. It's made by a company called KEMCO who are pretty well known for copy/paste JRPGs.

The good news is I'm almost done with it and will soon be moving on to my next game.. 😂

1 Comment
Oblivion Knight
Oblivion Knight commented
...aaaand done. The final boss would have been much harder if the game didn't give you the option of full-health revival after death for a few poxy "battle points". Since I wanted the game done with, I took it 😝

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I'm playing God of War: Ragnarok at the moment. I think I'm about to put it down for now though - I'm at that point in the game where I've pretty much mopped up everything apart from a couple of bits but they're kind of frustrating to get to.

So.. I think I'm done with it for a while.

It is very good. It's definitely a game built for all kinds of action gamer. It's got accessibility options which affect gameplay and visuals in pretty drastic ways.

Comment

apathy

Was enjoying some Hogwarts Legacy until an update ate my save file - might pick it back up in a day or two but that's definitely demoralizing lol

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I've uninstalled Hogwarts Legacy. I don't see what all the fuss is about.. it seems like a very average, kinda old-fashioned open world game. It was fiiiine.. but I can't be bothered putting any more time into it!

I've been playing Kerbal Space Program 2 as I've just entered early access. It runs like ass and it plays like ass. But that is expected. I've put literally hundreds of hours into the first game. I've got no idea why I like orbital mechanics gameplay.. but I do.

I'm really enjoying the craft building. It's a bit finicky at the moment, but it's better than the first game I feel. Eveyrhunf else so far isn't as good as KSP1.

1 Comment
apathy
apathy commented
as a game itself yeah I think youre right Hogwarts is just another AAA open-world game but with a HP skin - its kinda what I felt like I was playing when I played the original 2 games back when I was six years old or so though, so even if these big budget open-world games really couldn't be farther from "my thing", i can still get some good fun from hogwarts

Lee

I've uninstalled Hogwarts Legacy. I don't see what all the fuss is about.. it seems like a very average, kinda old-fashioned open world game. It was fiiiine.. but I can't be bothered putting any more time into it!

I've been playing Kerbal Space Program 2 as I've just entered early access. It runs like ass and it plays like ass. But that is expected. I've put literally hundreds of hours into the first game. I've got no idea why I like orbital mechanics gameplay.. but I do.

I'm really enjoying the craft building. It's a bit finicky at the moment, but it's better than the first game I feel. Eveyrhunf else so far isn't as good as KSP1.
Awww, I was looking forward to trying this! Is it bad? 😱

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Awww, I was looking forward to trying this! Is it bad? 😱
Kerbal?

It'd be unfair to say it's bad.. It's incredibly unfinished. It feels like the old game but with new graphics and music, but with a ton of weirdness added in. Like there are a lot of weird glitches that happen constantly. They usually end up in an explosion... A few youtubers have had a glitch where the entire KSC warps up into orbit for no reason.. and it has collision. :facepalm: Also they changed the way maneuver nodes work which is craaaazy. They're kinda similar but way more frustrating to use.

I've had glitches where my Kerbal has exited their pod and teleported across a planet. And another where kerbin turned yellow for no reason. The glitches are SO strange, it's not like a normal early access game where it's somewhat polished... This game does something unexpected every launch. :cross_eyed:

Thankfully the game has a built in bug reporting feature in the launcher.. so I've been sending stuff off constantly. It's my hope that one day it becomes what they said it was gonna be years ago.

• Love
Reactions: Lee
Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Erm..
I've just started playing inFamous (PS3) again..

It's a game I've never really invested any time into previously, heck - I didn't properly get into PS3 gaming until 2015/6 since I was heavily invested in the Xbox 360 prior to that.. It reminds me a little of Crackdown (Xbox 360) which I absolutely loved, though I'm not quite feeling the same admiration just yet. We'll see how it pans out.

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I really enjoyed Infamous 2. Really cool setting and a lot more polished than the original.

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I'm currently enjoying a remedy game run.

I'm sorta juggling playing Control, Alan Wake 2 and the original Max Payne all at once.

Max Payne because RTX Remix.. it's a tool that nvidia is working on which basically allows older PC games that use DirectX 8 and 9 to get a (sorta) automatic ray tracing facelift. It works, but its definitely a developers tool. A billion tweakable options and they must all be tweaked.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Erm..
I'm on a bit of a backlog mission at the moment, I managed to finish off 4 games in January..

I haven't really settled on any individual game(s) for February as yet, I've been going between them just grabbing random trophies.

Comment

apathy

Pretty much just Persona 3 Reload since it came out
Been a bit distracted while playing it but overall I can tell its really really good. Not digging some of the newer versions of the songs on the soundtrack but overall its still good. As usual the artstyle is top notch (though it does seem "shinier" than the original which i think is a step backwards), gameplay is super fast & fluid.
It seems to be staying quite true to the original, so I can definitely see myself going back to this over FES in the future. Don't think I've heard them say as such but I could see Atlus adding the FeMC as DLC down the line so ultimately this should become the definitive version of the game.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.