• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

What are you playing?

I've uninstalled Hogwarts Legacy. I don't see what all the fuss is about.. it seems like a very average, kinda old-fashioned open world game. It was fiiiine.. but I can't be bothered putting any more time into it!

I've been playing Kerbal Space Program 2 as I've just entered early access. It runs like ass and it plays like ass. But that is expected. I've put literally hundreds of hours into the first game. I've got no idea why I like orbital mechanics gameplay.. but I do.

I'm really enjoying the craft building. It's a bit finicky at the moment, but it's better than the first game I feel. Eveyrhunf else so far isn't as good as KSP1.

I've uninstalled Hogwarts Legacy. I don't see what all the fuss is about.. it seems like a very average, kinda old-fashioned open world game. It was fiiiine.. but I can't be bothered putting any more time into it!

I've been playing Kerbal Space Program 2 as I've just entered early access. It runs like ass and it plays like ass. But that is expected. I've put literally hundreds of hours into the first game. I've got no idea why I like orbital mechanics gameplay.. but I do.

I'm really enjoying the craft building. It's a bit finicky at the moment, but it's better than the first game I feel. Eveyrhunf else so far isn't as good as KSP1.
Awww, I was looking forward to trying this! Is it bad? 😱

Awww, I was looking forward to trying this! Is it bad? 😱
Kerbal?

It'd be unfair to say it's bad.. It's incredibly unfinished. It feels like the old game but with new graphics and music, but with a ton of weirdness added in. Like there are a lot of weird glitches that happen constantly. They usually end up in an explosion... A few youtubers have had a glitch where the entire KSC warps up into orbit for no reason.. and it has collision. :facepalm: Also they changed the way maneuver nodes work which is craaaazy. They're kinda similar but way more frustrating to use.

I've had glitches where my Kerbal has exited their pod and teleported across a planet. And another where kerbin turned yellow for no reason. The glitches are SO strange, it's not like a normal early access game where it's somewhat polished... This game does something unexpected every launch. :cross_eyed:

Thankfully the game has a built in bug reporting feature in the launcher.. so I've been sending stuff off constantly. It's my hope that one day it becomes what they said it was gonna be years ago.

• Love
Reactions: Lee

as a game itself yeah I think youre right Hogwarts is just another AAA open-world game but with a HP skin - its kinda what I felt like I was playing when I played the original 2 games back when I was six years old or so though, so even if these big budget open-world games really couldn't be farther from "my thing", i can still get some good fun from hogwarts

I've just started playing inFamous (PS3) again..

It's a game I've never really invested any time into previously, heck - I didn't properly get into PS3 gaming until 2015/6 since I was heavily invested in the Xbox 360 prior to that.. It reminds me a little of Crackdown (Xbox 360) which I absolutely loved, though I'm not quite feeling the same admiration just yet. We'll see how it pans out.

I really enjoyed Infamous 2. Really cool setting and a lot more polished than the original.

I'm currently enjoying a remedy game run.

I'm sorta juggling playing Control, Alan Wake 2 and the original Max Payne all at once.

Max Payne because RTX Remix.. it's a tool that nvidia is working on which basically allows older PC games that use DirectX 8 and 9 to get a (sorta) automatic ray tracing facelift. It works, but its definitely a developers tool. A billion tweakable options and they must all be tweaked.

I'm on a bit of a backlog mission at the moment, I managed to finish off 4 games in January..

I haven't really settled on any individual game(s) for February as yet, I've been going between them just grabbing random trophies.

Pretty much just Persona 3 Reload since it came out
Been a bit distracted while playing it but overall I can tell its really really good. Not digging some of the newer versions of the songs on the soundtrack but overall its still good. As usual the artstyle is top notch (though it does seem "shinier" than the original which i think is a step backwards), gameplay is super fast & fluid.
It seems to be staying quite true to the original, so I can definitely see myself going back to this over FES in the future. Don't think I've heard them say as such but I could see Atlus adding the FeMC as DLC down the line so ultimately this should become the definitive version of the game.

I've been playing P3R as well.

I'm enjoying it, but it looks, plays and flows almost identically to P5. Which on one hand is a disappointment, but on the other hand it has allowed me to just get right into it and play it really well as I've still got all the muscle memory from playing P5 a bunch.

I hope they do Persona 4. But I'm not sure they will as Golden isn't that old.

I've finally settled down to playing Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (PS4) again.. I've been sat at the beginning of Disc 2 since May 2020. I'm now nearing the end of Disc 2.. 😅

I've never actually finished this great game legitimately before. Back in the day I ended up using a Gameshark code to obtain 'The End' magic and defeat Edea. I'm determined to put that right!

Unfortunately the remaster is quite lazy in places, particularly with 'background' NPCs with no/little dialogue.

Maybe one day Square Enix will do a full remake for 8. I think it's story could be told really well with modern accoutrements.

The remaster seemed pointless. They barely did anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back