• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Streaming Services

Ash

Reaction score
What streaming services do you guys use? At the moment, I am subscribed to both Netflix and Disney+. I haven't really used Disney+ that much and my subscription for that will actually be ending this month since I got it as a freebie from my phone provider. The only thing that interested me on there was the Mandalorian.

I currently subscribe to Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+ and YouTube Premium (if you count it)

Currently I've got Apple TV+, Disney+ AND Netflix for free until the end of the year because of deals and whatnot. I plan to get rid of Apple TV+ and Disney+ once those are up, but keep the rest on.

I have YouTube Premium as I get my music streaming through it (always used Google for it), and it was just a little bit extra per month to remove all ads on YT (apart from the 'baked in' ones). I know there's ways to remove ads with adblockers and stuff like the PiHole but hey... I can't be bothered setting that up for every device that I'm logged into... ;)

In my opinion, Amazon Prime is the best option. You get free next day delivery on most things, you get Twitch Prime thrown in, and the video offering is genuinely better. If my partner didn't love watching stuff on Netflix I'd quite happily cancel that one too.

I'm currently only subscribed to Netflix, although I've hardly used it since signing up in August.. So much to do, so little time! 😅

I also use Spotify and occasionally subscribe to premium when there's a "3 months for the price of 1" offer, and then tend to cancel it afterwards.

I'm currently only subscribed to Netflix, although I've hardly used it since signing up in August.. So much to do, so little time! 😅

I also use Spotify and occasionally subscribe to premium when there's a "3 months for the price of 1" offer, and then tend to cancel it afterwards.
Are those the trial offers or do they have special offers where they offer 3 months for the price of 1? I have only ever seen those as trials and its annoying because they don't let you take up more than 1 trial obviously.

Netflix, Spotify, and Crunchyroll are the only three I'm consistently subbed to.. Hulu, Disney+, and others I usually sub a month at a time to watched whatever I need. I feel it's a waste if I just continuously sub if there's only a show or two I wanna watch.

Netflix, Prime, Disney + & Amazon Music here:)

Are those the trial offers or do they have special offers where they offer 3 months for the price of 1? I have only ever seen those as trials and its annoying because they don't let you take up more than 1 trial obviously.
They're special offers IIRC, I know I definitely had it as an offer last Christmas in addition to my original trial.. 🤔

I use Netflix but my favorite is Hulu. I haven't had Hulu set up in some time but I will say it is much better then any other streaming service I've used at all. Mainly because it has next day TV and has almost ever TV show and new seasons and things like that. It has movies too. Netflix seems to be the most popular for movies while Hulu seems to be the most popular for TV shows. So it balances out.

We got a netflix and Hulu subscription, and Disney+ cuz of the Hulu thing, but I find we use Hulu way more than Netflix nowadays........there's a streaming service for every major cable channel now which I think is a bit ridiculous......

Don't really watch things unless I'm with friends so I'm not subbed to any of the video services, I deffo do have a Spotify account though.

Hulu didn't seem to particularly take off in the UK.. I certainly don't know many people who use it.

I've just cancelled my Netflix subscription since I simply don't have the time to sit down and watch it - I've been paying £5.99 p/m for effectively very little!

We use Netflix and Hulu. We also have Amazon Prime, so we have access to their streaming service, but there's generally not much reason to use it.

I ended up re-activating Netflix as my daughter wanted to watch The Grinch (2018) :sneaky:

I'll probably end up cancelling again after a month or two. Especially since I've just signed up to a year of Amazon Prime; it took the stress out of Christmas having left buying gifts until just last weekend - and you saved 25% signing up for the year..

Unfortunately, I can't take advantage of it as I already have an account and I can't be bothered to create a new account for the offer
You don't need to.?
Offer not available to users who canceled Premium after 17 Oct 2020.

Right now, we just have Netflix. We've had Netflix for many years & I'm not one who likes change. That's why we haven't switched to anything else. We recently dropped the DVD portion as they didn't have enough of what we wanted. Didn't save us much money but it's something. I'm always open to suggestions if people like another service better. I don't care for Amazon, the company, but have looked into Hulu. Other than that, I really don't know of many out there.

My Disney+ trial just ended so I'm going to miss that now. Hopefully, my phone provider gives me another free 6 months when I renew my contract

With the news of falling subscription numbers making headlines during the "cost of living crisis", have you too cancelled any of your subscriptions?

I'm still currently subscribed to both Netflix and Amazon Prime, though we have cancelled Disney+ and I intend on being better prepared with Christmas this year so that I can get away with not renewing Prime.. We currently rely upon Netflix too much to consider cancelling it.

So I've personally not cancelled any of my subscriptions due to at least somebody in the household watching it.

For example, I rarely watch Netflix.. but my partner seems to daily. And I watch a lot of Prime and Disney+... and She watches a lot of Now.

💸

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back