• Registering at Umbrella Online is quicker, easier, and more secure than ever - and it's free!
    No CAPTCHA process, no email verification, no annoying adverts, and no hidden "premium" options..
    What are you waiting for, a zombie apocalypse? #GetInvolved!

Streaming Services

Currently reading:
Streaming Services

Ash

Lab rat
What streaming services do you guys use? At the moment, I am subscribed to both Netflix and Disney+. I haven't really used Disney+ that much and my subscription for that will actually be ending this month since I got it as a freebie from my phone provider. The only thing that interested me on there was the Mandalorian.

jamesyfx

Staff member
I currently subscribe to Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+ and YouTube Premium (if you count it)

Currently I've got Apple TV+, Disney+ AND Netflix for free until the end of the year because of deals and whatnot. I plan to get rid of Apple TV+ and Disney+ once those are up, but keep the rest on.

I have YouTube Premium as I get my music streaming through it (always used Google for it), and it was just a little bit extra per month to remove all ads on YT (apart from the 'baked in' ones). I know there's ways to remove ads with adblockers and stuff like the PiHole but hey... I can't be bothered setting that up for every device that I'm logged into... ;)

In my opinion, Amazon Prime is the best option. You get free next day delivery on most things, you get Twitch Prime thrown in, and the video offering is genuinely better. If my partner didn't love watching stuff on Netflix I'd quite happily cancel that one too.

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently only subscribed to Netflix, although I've hardly used it since signing up in August.. So much to do, so little time! šŸ˜…

I also use Spotify and occasionally subscribe to premium when there's a "3 months for the price of 1" offer, and then tend to cancel it afterwards.

Ash

Lab rat
I'm currently only subscribed to Netflix, although I've hardly used it since signing up in August.. So much to do, so little time! šŸ˜…

I also use Spotify and occasionally subscribe to premium when there's a "3 months for the price of 1" offer, and then tend to cancel it afterwards.
Are those the trial offers or do they have special offers where they offer 3 months for the price of 1? I have only ever seen those as trials and its annoying because they don't let you take up more than 1 trial obviously.

UnluckyRose

Discord helper
Netflix, Spotify, and Crunchyroll are the only three I'm consistently subbed to.. Hulu, Disney+, and others I usually sub a month at a time to watched whatever I need. I feel it's a waste if I just continuously sub if there's only a show or two I wanna watch.

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Staff member
Are those the trial offers or do they have special offers where they offer 3 months for the price of 1? I have only ever seen those as trials and its annoying because they don't let you take up more than 1 trial obviously.
They're special offers IIRC, I know I definitely had it as an offer last Christmas in addition to my original trial.. šŸ¤”

TopSilver

Lab rat
I use Netflix but my favorite is Hulu. I haven't had Hulu set up in some time but I will say it is much better then any other streaming service I've used at all. Mainly because it has next day TV and has almost ever TV show and new seasons and things like that. It has movies too. Netflix seems to be the most popular for movies while Hulu seems to be the most popular for TV shows. So it balances out.

Smokey

Lab rat
We got a netflix and Hulu subscription, and Disney+ cuz of the Hulu thing, but I find we use Hulu way more than Netflix nowadays........there's a streaming service for every major cable channel now which I think is a bit ridiculous......

apathy

Virus cell
Don't really watch things unless I'm with friends so I'm not subbed to any of the video services, I deffo do have a Spotify account though.

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Staff member
Hulu didn't seem to particularly take off in the UK.. I certainly don't know many people who use it.

I've just cancelled my Netflix subscription since I simply don't have the time to sit down and watch it - I've been paying Ā£5.99 p/m for effectively very little!