• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Silent Hill Rumour Mill

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
It's rumoured that Konami are once again starting to get back into real video games and that they're looking to release another entry into the Silent Hill series.

In a separate rumour, it's thought that the people behind the recently released (and eerily Silent Hill-esque) The Medium - developer Bloober Team could also be working on some kind of Silent Hill title.

As these are just rumours, all of the above may not not be true. Or if they are, they could be cancelled.

It's been a really long time since the last true Silent Hill game - if you're counting P.T. It's been almost a decade!

There are certainly rumours about it coming from a credible source also (Dusk Golem).

It's going to happen.. It's just a case of when and not if :evil_plotting:

Others are claiming that it will be the cancelled development of Silent Hills that gets finished afterall..

I loved the original Silent Hill game on the PS, and always get excited to hear about a remaster. I do hope they go ahead with the development as it's just been rumors since news survived about it. Also that Konami is working on it, makes me even more excited :).

I hope that there is some substance to these rumours too!

I would love to play a remastered version of the original game. A new addition would be welcome also.

I hope that there is some substance to these rumours too!

I would love to play a remastered version of the original game. A new addition would be welcome also.
I think at this point I'm looking forward to anything Silent Hill-related. Even if it's a remaster. It's been way too long and would love to play something more recent. Although, Abandoned is meant to be Silent Hill? Who knows!

I've not heard anything further as of yet, the original set of rumours did say that we would have at least one new SH game released in 2022, but with the pandemic and all, it's likely that we won't see that happen.

Another rumour I heard was that one of them would be a PS5 exclusive (or at least a timed exclusive).

I reckon the news will be silent (lol) on these games until something like E3 or some other event. So.. be prepared to wait a long while for something new!

This was an April Fools from last year, but it's certainly wetted my appetite again for a remake of the original.. 🤤

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oooo I'd love to see this release too, I'm going to put it out there and say it will be out mid October.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back