• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Fear and isolation seep through the walls of an abandoned southern farmhouse. "7" marks a new beginning for survival horror with the Isolated View of the visceral new first-person perspective. Powered by the RE Engine, horror reaches incredible heights of immersion as players enter a terrifyingly new world of fear as they fight to survive
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Capcom

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
You can read more about Resident Evil 7: Biohazard in the Wiki.

Use this thread to discuss the game. Alternatively, feel free to post a thread with a more specific question and/or discussion!

Has anybody played Resi 7 yet?

Very much enjoyed this story line, probably the best of the latest gen releases and head and shoulders better than 6 in my opinion.

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't yet (you'll notice a pattern emerging here)..

My gaming backlog is quite substantial, and despite reviving the Umbrella Online project my spare time is incredibly scarce! I do own a gold edition copy though, so I'll get around to it at some point ;)

I recommend that you do, I would suggest that you will really enjoy it ;)

7 is the game that reignited my interest in the series - I wasn't really interested in the 'side' games, and 6 was a bit of a disaster.

Being first person is an interesting choice, but it made for a more scary experience I feel, as you're much closer to the action.

Great experience. My only gripe is that there was no VR on the PC... :sneaky:

7 is the game that reignited my interest in the series - I wasn't really interested in the 'side' games, and 6 was a bit of a disaster.

Being first person is an interesting choice, but it made for a more scary experience I feel, as you're much closer to the action.

Great experience. My only gripe is that there was no VR on the PC... :sneaky:

6 is horrible. The worst of the whole franchise for me.

I haven't played them in VR but I bet they would be pretty frightening :D

After the mess that was RE6, when the trailer came out for 7 and it was scary... atmospheric... and I cried because I was so happy.

the game itself is amazing, even if there's a section near the end that is kind of miserable. Most naysayers of the game cite it being first person as a reason to not like it.

I've also seen people use first person as a way to claim it's not really an RE game. I find it a little silly - it's more of an RE game than RE6 (and I might argue RE5) was.

I wish I could have played in VR! I did the demo truck when it was touring, and I enjoyed the small VR demo I played. It gives me motion sickness though.

I've not gotten around to it just yet. I actually got it for free a couple years ago yet it's just sat in my library untouched. I really do need to get around to it sooner rather than later.

RE7 is the only mainline RE game I didn't buy at release - such was my disdain for RE6. Seriously, RE6 is horse shit and near enough killed my interest in the series. It took a month or two of convincing from opinions I trust before I gave RE7 a shot.

RE7 brought that right back. It definitely has the right vibes and atmosphere for what I consider to be "classic" RE.

Reactions: Lee
RE7 is the only mainline RE game I didn't buy at release - such was my disdain for RE6. Seriously, RE6 is horse shit and near enough killed my interest in the series. It took a month or two of convincing from opinions I trust before I gave RE7 a shot.

RE7 brought that right back. It definitely has the right vibes and atmosphere for what I consider to be "classic" RE.
Yep, RE6 had a similar effect of me, I absolutely hate it and will never play it again.

The story was too bloated and didnt make much sense and then game play was shocking.,

Resi7 saved the series.

Yep, RE6 had a similar effect of me, I absolutely hate it and will never play it again.

The story was too bloated and didnt make much sense and then game play was shocking.,

Resi7 saved the series.

RE6 is the most a game has ever needed an editor.. and in an industry where Hideo Kojima exists and operates, that's quite something.

I'm convinced there is a good co-op action game buried somewhere within RE6. After cutting out 2/3 of the content and heavily refining what's left..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back