• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Lights on or off?

Lights on or off?

• On

• Off

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
When playing horror games, do you usually play with the lights on or off? 💡

---

I very rarely play in total darkness, I tend to play with my lights dimmed - more because it can hurt my eyes otherwise.

I play with the lights on, purely from a comfort perspective. I'm getting on a bit.. a bright screen in a dark room might give me a bit of a headache! 😂

When Doom 3 first came out I set my gaming room out with 7.1 surround speakers (wired.. cables all over the floor like I was on a film set) and had all the lights off.. That was a great experience, and that game was great at directional audio. Don't have the patience to set up that kinda thing these days as I would want the cables hidden...!

I'm not great with horror games so the lights will always be on. And I also make sure to only have one earphone in so that I'm aware of my surroundings. I don't want someone coming in and me getting scared because I'm so focused on the game :ROFLMAO:

I usually have the lights off anyway and just a load of ambient lights on instead. I voted off but if that doesn't count, and only complete darkness other than the TV matters, then I play with them on.

I make sure to keep lights on if it's post midnight because we are already living in secluded area. And so keeping the lights off may not work well for most of us. I make sure to keep lights in that case.

Lights on for me! I don't need to be THAT scared :D I live in the country so when the lights are off it's really dark in my house because there are no city lights to make the sky outside bright.

When playing horror games, do you usually play with the lights on or off? 💡

---

I very rarely play in total darkness, I tend to play with my lights dimmed - more because it can hurt my eyes otherwise.
Nothing more scary than having the lights off as well as the landing light off with door open it can really mess you up when you have a scary part happen with flashing lights and you turn around and see shadows.

Squeaky bum time....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back