• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

GTA Trilogy Remastered

Ash

Reaction score
Rockstar finally confirmed the rumours by announcing the definitive edition of the GTA trilogy (3, Vice City, and San Andreas). Anyone else looking forward to playing it?

I've not heard a whole lot of actual info about what these things are gonna be, but the rumours I've heard so far:

- They will be ported over to Unreal Engine.
- All the current versions out there will be removed from digital storefronts.
- A proportion of the music will be cut/changed due to license agreements expiring etc.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd like to see a slightly modernised Vice City with better gunplay action. But I'm hoping they're gonna be something more than just upscaled and repackaged for modern systems.. those 3 games have an extremely dated 3D look.

I think the best thing about it is the modernisation of the controls. Having tried out San Andreas on the PS4, it really does feel awful because we just aren't used to using the buttons for acceleration and braking for example.

I'll likely pick these up but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them. The time deffo could have been better spent elsewhere :p

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Trailer has been released which pretty much showcases what has been improved. Models, textures, lighting. Seems like the original audio etc.

I kinda like the direction they chose to go in. It's sorta like that plasticy Minecraft artwork look (sans blockyness).

A lot of people are worried about the original radio station music so hopefully, that is fine, especially for Vice City.

Having watched the trailer, I can't wait for the release. They've done enough, in my opinion, to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Looks pretty good, should hold the GTA 6 fans over until that release. Hopefully newer fans will give the game collection a shot.

Looks pretty good, should hold the GTA 6 fans over until that release. Hopefully newer fans will give the game collection a shot.
Still amazes me that there are people out there that haven't tried them. Such an iconic gaming series that I always assume everyone has tried at least one of them before

Still amazes me that there are people out there that haven't tried them. Such an iconic gaming series that I always assume everyone has tried at least one of them before

I mean there were people not born yet when these came out, so yeah there are people out there enjoying GTA 5 that never played these due to that reason lol.

Reactions: Ash
I mean there were people not born yet when these came out, so yeah there are people out there enjoying GTA 5 that never played these due to that reason lol.
Some games just don't appeal to me even if they do seem to appear to that wider general public. E.g. The only call of duty game I've ever played was Call of Duty 2, and even that was only cos it was installed on a pc I was fixing for a customer and needed to test the you. So realistically I've never really played one!

The good thing for me is that San Andreas will be available through the Xbox Game Pass. I can give it a try for free and see whether the trilogy bundle will be worth a purchase or not.

I'm still looking forward to Vice City and 3 over San Andreas. I just have more fond memories of the former. I mean SA was fantastic and I still think there's some depth to it that the more modern games don't have (e.g. the whole fitness thing) but the whole vibe of VC is really my thing and GTA3 was so impressive when it came out, it stuck with me the most.

I wonder if "Hot Coffee" will make an appearance. Probably definitely not. :ROFLMAO:

Not hearing good things about the remaster at the moment. The rain in San Andreas seems to be a bit of a mess when flying. If you're flying at a certain speed, the rain does not move at all and stays in the same place. Really wish Rockstar remastered it instead of giving it to a third party.

I've seen quite a few videos — I am super disappointed. From the first trailer it actually looked quite good.. But the results are horrible.

The rain - it's almost like Sin City rain. It's has no transparency and it doesn't cull out when you're under cover.

There's no fog, the atmosphere has been removed from the game. There's no like tonal variety, especially noticeable in GTA3.

Not good. I hope they patch it so they resemble the originals more…

The gameplay trailer made it look really good but I guess that's why we didn't get more gameplay after that. The fact review copies weren't sent out before the launch should have been a warning sign as well.

The gameplay trailer made it look really good but I guess that's why we didn't get more gameplay after that. The fact review copies weren't sent out before the launch should have been a warning sign as well.

Looks like they are fixing it and bringing back the old versions for a time, but I wouldn't expect much from it.

I think this was doomed the minute they said they were basing these off those Godawful mobile ports, and not the original code.

I get that it's a way to go from a more modernised code, but those versions were notoriously poor and were missing so much from the originals.. and kinda had a jury-rigged feel to them.

If I were rockstar with their many millions from GTA Online… Just spend some cash revisiting the original games and get them ported over and updated properly. It's so lazy the fact that they used AI Upscaling on all the textures. A modder could in theory do all that for free.

Grove Street Games did an awful job with the mobile ports so it was definitely a surprise when I found out they based the games on that. I can't believe Rockstar actually trusted them to do a good job with their previous track record!

They probably should have focused on just GTA3, as I think that is the game that they could have done the most with to modernise it. Show people what an early 3D open world game could look like in 2021.

Or.. yanno. Left the old versions alone! :ROFLMAO:

Definitely agree with that. GTA 3 would have been great if it was remade. It's a shame they went down the trilogy route instead of remaking one of them as they did with Mafia 2. Mafia 2 looks amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back