• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Would you opt to go on a vacation during this new normal time?

Claraviolet

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for quite a while now. If possible, I don't want to undergo COVID tests often and I wouldn't want to expose myself as well, even though I have been vaccinated.

What about you guys? Would you opt to go on a vacation during this difficult time. I have been thinking of giving up my Vacation time allowance but I just can't decide .

Not for me at the moment because it's just way too complicated. You could be flying out tomorrow and the latest guidelines could be changed tonight resulting in an awful holiday experience. I will try my best to wait until everything is back to normal before flying out of the country.

I'm yearning to go away as it has been a while and I'm sick of the same surroundings.

But now is not the time. It's still not worth it as things aren't fully open so the experience will still be 'restricted'.

I have the same feeling as you @jamesyfx. Right now is definitely not the best time but I can't wait to fly to another place and get a change of scenary.

I would do local things but I wouldn't fly at all right now unless I absolutely had to. The good news is that Covid numbers have dropped a LOT so maybe the end is in sight?

I would do local things but I wouldn't fly at all right now unless I absolutely had to. The good news is that Covid numbers have dropped a LOT so maybe the end is in sight?
They seem to be climbing again in parts of the UK.. Some places have re-introduced the compulsory wearing of masks.

I went to Le Mans in August, but we took the Eurotunnel and drove.

France was very stringent on being vaccinated, if you didn't have the official paperwork to say that you'd been double-jabbed, you couldn't really go anywhere. We were asked in almost every public venue, but it was actually quite re-assuring.

I'd still jump on a plane to somewhere hot and sunny tomorrow if I had the money to do so, COVID be damned.. 😅

Do you think it's because Delta has changed into Delta Plus and that's what's causing the new surge in the UK? I noticed some other countries having an increase in numbers too. Usually increases only last 2 months like the Delta variant did so hopefully this one doesn't last long either.

I wouldn't view this as the new normal, still things getting back into place, but no, covid is still a thing and I didn't quarantine for a year now to just get it.

The situation seems to be getting serious in Europe. QUite a few protests about vaccine passports as well so it will be interesting to see how certain countries go forward with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back