• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

🗣️ Community Wiki is LIVE.. again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little rough around the edges but the Wiki is now live and ready for your perusal.. 🧐

It is my hope that as time passes, more content is added and the script itself is developed further, it will prove to be a valuable asset for Umbrella Online and fill the gap of having a fully fledged website (which I never have time to commit to).

A huge thanks must go to @jamesyfx for working with me on this, as he has written much of the content, edited his own images, and has also been providing valuable feedback throughout the development.

Any content requests people may have, I'll be able to take a look at. (y)

The Wiki will be going offline briefly for a few days whilst I migrate it to an alternative, more developed script.

It'll be worth it.. I'm super impressed with XenCarta 2.

There's a fair bit of setup work, but once that's cracked the content should be relatively simple to maintain and much easier to link together 😀

Reactions: Lee
I'd just like to say.. it is coming. The place is not being ignored - a lot of work is happening behind the scenes!

Apologies for being quiet over the last couple of weeks, my spare time is extremely limited and what little I have has been put into the new Wiki.

I've just about got the various layout customisations finished, and I'm reasonably happy with how things are shaping up so I'm now in a position where I can share a few screenshots with you.. Please note however that these are still subject to change.

Index
wiki2.jpg
Game page
wiki3.jpg
Character page
wiki4.jpg
Note that the new Wiki supports Attachments, Reactions, Bookmarks, Watching, Sharing, and Last updated.

It's not quite ready to go live yet, @jamesyfx is hard at work again on a lot of the content (huge thank you) - and I will be trying to assist where time allows.

Provided that the coming days go to plan, I'm hopeful that we can have something back up and running before the New Year.

James continues to do an incredible job with the content, but especially whilst I've been busy focussing on other bits, and I can't wait for you to see it. My attention is now back on the Wiki and getting the last few issues I have with the layout ironed out.

Some (not much) of the code running in the background initially isn't going to be pretty, but this can be improved down the line.. :coffee_drinker: Eventually, the plan is to change the link to the forums, and have the Wiki as the homepage - but I feel this is some time away yet.

Reactions: Lee
Provided that the coming days go to plan, I'm hopeful that we can have something back up and running before the New Year.

James continues to do an incredible job with the content, but especially whilst I've been busy focussing on other bits, and I can't wait for you to see it. My attention is now back on the Wiki and getting the last few issues I have with the layout ironed out.

Some (not much) of the code running in the background initially isn't going to be pretty, but this can be improved down the line.. :coffee_drinker: Eventually, the plan is to change the link to the forums, and have the Wiki as the homepage - but I feel this is some time away yet.
The Wiki is now available to view for Members only. As the notice says, it is a work in progress and is not complete.

The WIki is looking fantastic so far, a job well done to all involved!
P.S. I love the attention you give Silent Hill despite being an RE site, it's one thing having a board but planning pages in the wiki is beast!

I prefer Resident Evil over Silent Hill, but there's plenty of people out there who are the opposite.. To be honest, it is also something that Umbrella Online has always done! :lowered_sunglasses:

Good news.. The Wiki is now available to all (even guests) in another move towards making it the homepage! A big thank you again to James for his sterling work on the content - and condolences to his partner for her loss (of James, that is) :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully search engines will start crawling it, and we may end up with a few more hits.. :fingers_crossed_face:

Re-working the Index of the Wiki.. again.. (Not live yet) 😅

1611450108355.png

--EDIT--
Now it is..

Yet another iteration of the Wiki index has now gone live.. 🙂

Shout up if you encounter any issues - I had a bit of a strange one on my home PC shortly after completing the code, but haven't replicated it on other devices. I've pretty much decided not to use the Wiki as the homepage afterall, but it will continue to be a main feature of Umbrella Online. I'm confident that @jamesyfx will continue the fantastic work on content as time permits.

1624005946692.png
1624005954551.png

I honestly love what you've done to the wiki section. It's done so brilliantly. I think if I were to play the RE games then this would be my go to for wiki information. It's clean, simple and easy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Register
Back