• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Weekend working

Reaction score
So it's Saturday evening, I'm on my weekend working and I've work tomorrow.

I do weekends on, weekends off. Balances out nicely because I never work Mondays so I end up with some 3 day weekends and when I do work weekend I get Tuesday off meaning Monday and Tuesday this week will be my weekend.

I get paid double time for working Sunday, so it really works out, I was keen to take them, plus when it's possible to travel again I can take some wee trips back to England for the footy.

Anyone else here work weekends? If so, what do you think? Do you like it? Do you get paid extra for Sundays?

P.S
It's great never getting that Monday feeling. :v

I work every other Sunday.. I'm kinda limited since I have my daughter on alternate weekends, but I generally don't like working them anyway.

Doing them for Tesco, we only get paid time and a quarter.. Hardly makes it worthwhile, really! That being said the shifts tend to go quickly enough, and whilst most things are still closed due to COVID I'm not too fussed.

I very rarely have a full weekend off and I've never had a job that pays more for working a weekend. In recent years most don't even pay you more for working a holiday such as New Year's Day.

Before lockdown I'd work Saturdays but Sunday would always be my day off. Now with the lockdown, I don't even have to work the Saturday so I get the whole 2 days off :cool:

I stopped working alternate Sundays again shortly after Easter. I had a week off, and with things starting to open up again it felt like the right time to start reducing my hours at Tesco. Instead of working 60+ hours per week, I'm now working around 50. It's still a lot but I don't really want to give up the extra money just yet! 🤣

It's quite nice to have that bit of time to myself again.

My new role at work requires me to work one weekend day per week, alternately. It's one of the downsides of moving up the chain... I really dislike working on Sunday!

My new role at work requires me to work one weekend day per week, alternately. It's one of the downsides of moving up the chain... I really dislike working on Sunday!
Just one of several reasons I don't want a managerial role.. 😅

I tend to work most weekends because I work in a pub and they're the busiest days for us. It's not all bad though and we get fed at least!

Just a Monday to Friday job for me which I appreciate a lot. I think there are some times when my work will offer people the chance to work on some extra work on the weekend and they count it as overtime which is quite good. Never volunteered for that though.

I currently work M-F, in my last job that was retail, working weekends was pretty norm for me which sucked.

I currently work M-F, in my last job that was retail, working weekends was pretty norm for me which sucked.
I'm happy for you because having to work on the weekends is definitely not fun at all, especially if you have to do it frequently. Do they pay differently on weekends though?

I checked my Holidays balance last week and realised that I had SEVEN weeks.

I booked 2 weeks off in November right away. :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back