• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Stardew Valley

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Sorta like Harvest Moon but better, in this game you take control of a person who dreams of a simpler life away from the hustle and bustle of modern society; you find yourself moving into your grandfathers dilapidated farm in Stardew Valley and it's your role to essentially live out your days as you see fit.

You learn how to tend to your land, growing fruit, veggies, flowers.. as well as raising livestock, producing foodstuffs. On top of that you have an entire town to explore full of different people who all have distinct personalities which you can choose to get to know... or not. Plus there is a dungeon crawling section where you fight monsters. Plus a whole load of other things to discover.

Its a great game and very deep. Has anyone else played it and liked it?

I played it when it first came out, cant remember if the game was doing EA or not but I assume so because it wasn't finished yet.
I was bet in for the first 30 hours or so but once I completed the first year I kinda got bored, because at the time, they had only content for the first year, you could do the next ones but all the events just repeated IIRC.

Good game though, I might come back to it soon now that it's much more fleshed out.

Always thought of getting this game because it just looks so relaxing but I've never gone through with it. In reality, it seems like a game I would enjoy for a little while and then end up never playing it again

The Harvest Moon games have never particularly appealed to me, and I don't see much reason why this would be any different..

We can't all be interested in the same games, I guess! 😉

I just bought this game a month back never got to play it properly yet. Is it any fun?

Wife plays this game all the time on her switch, i don't really undertand it too much and its not something i would have time playing. I have heard a lot of good things about it so might be worth a go.

Yeh I did see quite a bit of good reviews about this game before I purchased it. Still got to invest some time into it though.

Yeh I did see quite a bit of good reviews about this game before I purchased it. Still got to invest some time into it though.
yeah it's a game you will need time for that is for sure. plenty of building to get the village setup.

Yeh I did start a bit the other day and looks like Ive got tonnes of stuff to do already 😅

I downloaded this game for Steam when it was on sale. Was almost tempted to purchase it on the Switch as well. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to really dive into it because my attention got pulled to Farming Together and Animal Crossing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back