• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Schools in England returning next week

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
Third time lucky? Students of all ages are once again returning to schools throughout the UK from next week..

Some new measures in place since Christmas:
  • Face coverings to be worn in secondary classrooms
  • Lateral flow tests for secondary/college students twice a week (expected to test themselves after first 2 weeks)
Other measures that remain in place since September:
  • Yeargroups to be segregated into bubbles
  • Social distancing recommendations to secondary/college students and all staff
  • Staggered starts and finishes by bubbles in secondary/college settings
  • Enhanced cleaning schedules, promotion of the 'catch it, bin it, kill it' approach

For me, it still feels too soon and I'm quite surprised that teaching unions haven't turned around and refused a return until staff have been vaccinated.

Exams are all but 'officially' cancelled, and the government have granted schools a degree of ownership concerning grading students..

Students are returning for 4 weeks, before being off for a further 2 weeks with half-term.

I didn't even know schools were out in England. That's interesting. Hopefully it works out for everyone. It's not something I was aware of but I appreciate the share. I know that students in the United States are in school with distancing guidelines.

My younger sister will be returning on Wednesday for one lesson to get an idea of how it will work. And then after that, it will be back to normal. It will be interesting to see if this will be the last "return" or if they will end up having to stay at home again.

I didn't even know schools were out in England. That's interesting. Hopefully it works out for everyone. It's not something I was aware of but I appreciate the share. I know that students in the United States are in school with distancing guidelines.
Some students went back for all of a single day after the Christmas break, and then the government made a(nother) u-turn due to the increasing spread of a second variant and decided to impose a third lockdown.

My younger sister will be returning on Wednesday for one lesson to get an idea of how it will work. And then after that, it will be back to normal. It will be interesting to see if this will be the last "return" or if they will end up having to stay at home again.
I personally envisage at least one further lockdown next winter when further strains evolve. Hopefully the country will be better equipped to contain it, however.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back