• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City
Title: Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Genre: Action, Horror, Mystery

Director: Johannes Roberts

Cast: Kaya Scodelario, Robbie Amell, Avan Jogia, Hannah John-Kamen, Tom Hopper, Neal McDonough, Chad Rook, Lily Gao, Donal Logue, Carson Manning, Darren W. Marynuk, Stephannie Hawkins, Sammy Azero, Josh Cruddas

Release: 2021-11-24

Plot: Once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company’s exodus left the city a wasteland…with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, the townspeople are forever…changed…and a small group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night.

Where to watch

Streaming: Buy: Rent:
More details on TMDb
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
..here it is, the movie reboot. Currently penned for 24/11/21 it is being directed by Johannes Roberts, and will reportedly take place in 1998 centering around the origins of Spencer Mansion and Raccoon City.

This entry will be updated as more details are revealed. Hopefully we'll get a trailer soon.. :fingers_crossed_face:

I just hope that they get Wesker right this time. And they DONT try to make him like he is in the games… 🤣

Eeeek. So excited to watch this. I loved every month and to hear there is a reboot excites me. Although, where can one watch this? Netflix?

Eeeek. So excited to watch this. I loved every month and to hear there is a reboot excites me. Although, where can one watch this? Netflix?
I suspect this will be a full-on Cinema release.. 🙂

First look at the movie reboot - along with a provisional release date of 24th November 2021.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I personally don't think Lisa Trevor looks particularly scary, but she perhaps just hasn't translated well from video to a still image.

It also seems that the movie is going to be largely based off the original game.. Quite a risk, I would say.

Yeah the original Resident Evil game is quite 'by the numbers' — there was nothing particularly fresh about it even at the time. I hope they manage to do something unique with it.

First look at the movie reboot - along with a provisional release date of 24th November 2021.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I personally don't think Lisa Trevor looks particularly scary, but she perhaps just hasn't translated well from video to a still image.

It also seems that the movie is going to be largely based off the original game.. Quite a risk, I would say.

Saw that the other day. I'm not a fan of who they chose to play Leon, but I feel like the rest of the cast is fine. I'm just glad they finally started fresh, because I was so tired of the RE movies with Milla Jovovich. Most of the movies didn't even resemble the games.

The movie poster also features the R.P.D., most notably from Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis..

So it looks like the film will explore events from at least the first two games, if not the third also.

welcome-to-raccoon-city-poster.jpg

I have to say I'm still not particularly hyped for it. I feel like Capcom have done these events to death.. but we'll see.

In all honesty I'm mostly gonna be watching it for "work reasons" (I.e: this website). I wouldn't normally go out of my way to see it. 😂

I'm not particularly excited but there is something in the back of my brain that's going.. Maybe they will make a good movie out of it. I think these adaptions do best when they do their own thing and DON'T try to copy the games verbatim. As let's be honest, it is crazy Japanese cheese that's been roughly translated. I just hope that they will mix things up and put stuff in new places in service of a better storyline

I've not had chance to see this yet, but it's out and the reviews are in…

The general consensus is that it's kinda bad. And it's basically just a series of different fan-service-y scenes bolted together with little there for anybody that hasn't played the games.

To be expected I suppose. At least the big studios decided to take another crack at it. Maybe it will still do well at the box office!

Ahhh.. I'm waiting for it to come on digital. Which I would imagine won't take too long... I believe it made just over half of it's budget back internationally at the box office.

But hey! We are used to this series having some really weird and weak entries... We shall persevere.. :ROFLMAO:

I finally watched this during the last week, I actually really enjoyed it. It is as expected a mash up of the first few games, but is a good watch and more true to story than the previous movie franchise.

Hopefully there will be more.

Okay, I've seen it now. Here's my thoughts:

It's actually quite good! It really is a mega mash up of the first few games but with a smattering of other small references to later games in the series. Admittedly I was less interested the moment the zombie action started, and the final confrontation was kind of disappointing (they should have found a way to kick that off earlier I think...) If they do manage to make a sequel I'd be all for it for sure...

I thought I would take some screengrabs and upload them as an Album.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back