• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Petrol "Shortage" - UK

Ash

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with a supposed petrol "shortage" in the UK. It's mainly down to the lack of drivers to deliver the petrol to the petrol stations but people are currently panic buying so we might actually end up with a shortage.

USA seems to be fine, sucks to hear the fear of buying is causing the shortage. I hope that doesn't spread stateside.

Not in the UK myself but I have heard about this a couple of times already. Hope it sorts itself out soon, panic buying is ridiculous (and gas of all things is such a bad idea..)

It's ridiculous. There isn't even a shortage -- the media can't say this but the general public are a bunch of morons!

It's actually scary how a petrol shortage was basically created out of nothing. I was lucky enough to get some but there are still periods where the local petrol stations are closed due to not having any left.

They reckon that the recent change of petrol to E10 in the UK went some way to contributing to this, as well as the driver shortage. The videos of people fighting were just ridiculous, and it just shows the level of intellect of today's society - zero.

Thankfully it wasn't too bad in Sheffield, there was generally petrol available despite a handful of stations running dry. I was quite disappointed not to get at least one day off work from it.. 😉 I hear it got pretty bad in London at one point.

Yeah London and the places just on the border suffered pretty badly but that was down to the idiots panicking. And then the people that were calm had to go out and fill up since it actually was becoming a problem. That just led to even more panic.

It's a bit annoying that it all led to a huge price increase and now we'll probably have to wait a long time to see those prices drop

Looks like we're in for another phase of panic buying and fuel shortages as prices soar due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine!

Prices are reportedly averaging above £2.00 per litre of Petrol in and around London. Here in Yorkshire, it's currently around £1.57 per litre of Petrol..

It's all over the place at the moment, even some that are in the same sorts area will be wildly different as for example some Shell garages are owned by Shell themselves and some are franchised out and will have different pricing. Just gotta be lucky to be in an area where the prices are 'reasonable' ….

I just don't see the point in panic buying! Just take what you need. You'll probably get better mileage anyway without a full tank cos of the lighter load.

The prices will just keep going up and they'll just keep finding new excuses. It's crazy that these companies are making billions in profit but the government is refusing to help out in controlling the price of petrol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back