• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Lifting the COVID restrictions

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
The UK looks set to lift all remaining restrictions throughout the nation in the coming weeks, despite the PM admitting that the pandemic is "far from over" but declaring that the return of such freedoms is "now or never", advising people to make their own informed decisions..
  • England from 19th July
  • Scotland by 9th August
  • Wales to be reviewed on 15th July
  • Northern Ireland already relaxed, further review on 8th July
This includes the wearing of face masks, 1m+ distancing, and limits on social contact..

What do you think? Is it too much too soon with cases of the Delta variant still on the rise? Should restrictions remain until people of all age groups who wish to be vaccinated have received both jabs? Do you agree with the leader of the opposition labelling the move as "reckless"?

I think the government are relying too much on 'common sense'.. but the general public DO NOT have common sense. Even now, probably most people don't wear face masks even though it is currently law - the fact that they know soon they wont have to makes it less important for them.

Even now, probably most people don't wear face masks even though it is currently law - the fact that they know soon they wont have to makes it less important for them.
I've noticed this in Ireland too, we're starting to open back up now and I'm seeing people with their masks dangling around their necks etc while they're on the bus. It is still required to wear masks but it seems it's not even being actively enforced in some places...

I'm not too sure how to feel, to be honest. I think we're all just tired of the restrictions and we all want to go back to normal.
If they had done a bit better, we wouldn't have to worry too much about the Delta variant.

What I'm seeing with the Delta variant is that it lasts approximately 2 months...regardless of lockdown or restrictions in a country. The tightest restrictions or the loose ones (such as in Sweden), it doesn't matter, it's lasting approximately 2 months. I don't know how the next variants will do though.

We want to think that we can fight this thing but it really looks like it's hear to stay so we need better medicines and even better vaccines. The ones we have now just aren't doing enough to control the virus. Restrictions will make things even worse for us in the long run.

Crazy to think that here we are, just a few days away from December and these restrictions might appear again. Hopefully, people are just overreacting a bit to the new variant and it's not a huge problem.

I still wear my mask wherever I go so these restrictions they are applying from Tuesday don't really affect anything for me. It's more to protect others than myself.. I caught a nasty cold about 3 weeks ago and I'm still battling it.

This year has been appalling. It's like the planet just wants to get rid of us now. :p

I'm down at the moment with a bit of cold so not looking forward to the next few days. Having to remember to take my mask everywhere is taking a bit of time to get used to as well

Covid is kinda rearing it's ugly head again with this Omicron variant, plus the weather I guess is making people more sniffly and sneezy.

So many people I know professionally and personally have tested positive recently. I'm currently self-isolating because my partner tested positive on Xmas Day. Just one more day after today!

Kind of crazy to think that whilst the majority of people were following the rules properly, the government was ignoring their very own rules and enjoying the lockdown as much as they can. I can't see them being able to ever bring back any COVID restrictions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back