• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Last film you watched?

I watched Split and then Glass. I've seen Split before but my girlfriend hadn't … and I can always watch it again.. with Glass afterward.

Split is amazing, James McAvoy does an amazing job.. and he's also great in Glass. While that movie isn't as good, it's still alright.. worth a watch.

My parents watched Split recently and they wanted to then watch Glass at some point. Split was apparently a great movie so hopefully, they enjoy Glass, even a bit.

Watched Prisoners yesterday on Netflix for the 2nd time. We actually watched it a long time ago but completely forgot until about halfway through.

Went to see Free Guy yesterday.

It's pretty good. I'll say it wasn't quite what I was expecting — it's way more action-oriented than I thought it would be. The most fun thing for me was working out the hidden cameos, Easter eggs and other references as there were a LOT of them throughout the movie… some of them were genuinely amazing
There is a scene where Guy obtains the Captain America shield, the Avengers tune plays and then it cuts to Chris Evans watching along on his laptop and he angrily goes "WHAT THE SHIT!?"

Watched a small bit of Old Boy when I was up with some friends, but I honestly didn't get to catch much of it... 20 mins max. Seemed good though.

Watched Glass on Disney+ last night. Probably not as good as the first one but it was still an enjoyable film to watch.

Watched the original '70s Halloween.. on Halloween.

Was good. It's obviously severely dated and not scary these days but setting aside modern paradigms and placing yourself back into that time still makes it an enjoyable film!

The Last Stand on Netflix a few days ago. A decent film with a few silly scenes. Definitely, a good watch though if you don't mind things like that and some parts not making any sense.

I watched Venom 2 yesterday.

… Kinda disappointed by it. Very by-the-numbers and there were too many silly moments in it. It's like they were trying to do the Deadpool thing. Also, they really rolled the horror elements back a lot in this one. Plus the main threat really wasn't in it for that long at all, and got defeated rather easily.

But that credits scene. Wowzers. That did get me rather excited!

It doesn't imply a whole lot, but I THINK Venom gets transported into the MCU in the scene, as Peter Parker's Spider-Man appears on the TV.

Currently watching Extraction on Netflix

The Mothman Prophecies, one of my faves and I even read the book when I was a teen so it was great to revisit it after so many years.

I saw Ron's Gone Wrong with my partner, she really wanted to watch it.

It's actually quite good, but it's not original in the slightest. Definitely a good film for kids.

Watched the new Matrix with my fam on Christmas, wasn't bad but still doesn't come close to the first one. Does make me want to go back and rewatch 2 & 3 though cos I've not seen them in years.

Matrix 4 is pretty good. I still prefer the original and Reloaded though. The pacing is kinda all over the place, but that's kinda the point I guess?

A little while ago but I believe it was The Hunt on Netflix. Did not expect much from the film but it was really good. Had a good plot and a great cast too. The fact it was a sort of satire was amazing too.

Last night we saw The Wrong Missy on Netflix, mostly as something easy to watch but we both actually ended up really enjoying it.

A2YlIrzypvhS3vTFMcDkG3xLvac.jpg

It's one of those films that doesn't take itself too seriously, but similarly makes you question some of your life choices (in a light-hearted way). Well worth a watch!

A little while ago but I believe it was The Hunt on Netflix. Did not expect much from the film but it was really good. Had a good plot and a great cast too. The fact it was a sort of satire was amazing too.
I saw that recently too. It's actually pretty good - I did think it fell a bit flat in the latter half but it started strong and I enjoyed it quite a bit!

Reactions: Ash
I saw that recently too. It's actually pretty good - I did think it fell a bit flat in the latter half but it started strong and I enjoyed it quite a bit!
I think the main problem was the movie was a bit too short. With a bit more time, they could have added a few more challenges to overcome and maybe try to explain a bit more about the set-up for the Hunt.

Just watched Sonic 2 with the Mrs.

Its really quite bad. And I kinda liked the first movie. I think the main problems with this film are that the storyline is far too fantastical and more aimed at children than the first outing...

.. and the visual effects are also quite cheap looking. For example the compositing looks really off in a lot of shots, and a lot of the animation seems rushed - typically the stuff where real people are interacting with the cg characters... it just doesn't cut it for a Hollywood movie.

That said, Jim Carrey is great in it despite his character being hampered by the rubbish visual effects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back