• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Last film you watched?

I just watched The Town on Netflix yesterday a pretty decent film.

I watched Johnny Mnemonic the other day... a retro cyberpunk thing.

Keanu Reeves is so bad it's good.

I watched a film called Nobody and it was fantastic, i'd say it was one of the best movies i have seen for a few years, anyone else watched it?

For some reason I watched 'Doom' on Netflix it's a pretty decent movie to be honest. I've always wondered does it actually resemble the game Doom?

I'm a bit hungover, so figured I'd have a lazy morning in bed and watch a film.. 🥴

I decided to watch The Big Lebowski, I've had it recommended to me several times and have seen various references and memes to it.. It was ok, I'd suggest perhaps slightly overhyped if anything. Given its age I can see where it has inspired other films that have come after it though..

1623669260439.png

Zodiac (2007)

It had been a long time since I saw this from start to finish. It holds up really well. A compelling story about the impact on the lives of those investigating the murder spree. It feels like a very authentic portrayal of California in the late 60's/ early 70's.

Great cast and soundtrack

Zodiac (2007)

It had been a long time since I saw this from start to finish. It holds up really well. A compelling story about the impact on the lives of those investigating the murder spree. It feels like a very authentic portrayal of California in the late 60's/ early 70's.

This is a film that I still haven't got around to watching yet, but really want to see..

Zodiac (2007)

I probably watch Zodiac every couple of years.. It's an amazing movie with a stellar cast...!

Not the full movie but I did watch bits and pieces of The Predator (2018). I've watched the 2010 one and that was a lot better. There were some good bits with this one but overall it wasn't a match for the older movie.

I just watched a 2019 remake of a (remake) film called Pet Sematary as my girlfriend has been wanting to watch it for aaages

What a load of crap that was. Didn't like any of the characters and it wasn't even scary.

We felt like putting on an 'easy watch' yesterday evening in case we dozed off.. Step Brothers fitted the bill quite nicely.

1623669185353.png

I've seen it a few times, but it's been a while and it still made me chuckle in parts.

Watched a film called Awake on Netflix

The synopsis sounded good. Picture it.. suddenly all electrical things stop working, including satellites. And on top of that people are unable to sleep which means there is only approximately a week for people to find a solution or they will die from sleep deprivation.

But the film is complete crap. For some reason it's not even mentioned that it's a worldwide issue despite there being a scene of satellites falling from the sky.. it just appears that everything happens in a small part of the US. Plus everyone seems to understand that everyone has the same problem pretty much straight away.. everything just happens so fast.

The worst part is the ending. I will spoil it to save you wanting to watch it - the solution is to DIE and then resuscitate. Somehow that resets the body being able to sleep 😂 and the issue was a SOLAR FLARE. As if that was possible. Plus somehow some cars seem to work and some don't.. so this solar flare seems to affect combustion as well?

eehhh.. AVOID.

I went to watch The Quiet Place 2 a couple of weeks ago at the cinemas and I gotta say, it sucked. I preferred the first one and felt like the second one was lacking any kind of "horror" element to it.

Watched one of my favourite films a couple of nights ago, Cast Away.

1624680277308.png

Got to be one of, if not the best performance(s) from Tom Hanks. Genuinely quite moving in parts, especially the friendship he builds with Wilson.. The film has one of those annoying endings that is heavily open to interpretation though. Almost a 2½hr film and it leaves unanswered questions - come on! 😧

I'm not certain the last one I watched in it's entirety, but I did catch a bit of pulp fiction the last time I was in one of my mates houses.

The Conjuring although it might be hard for me to say I "watched" it. We all watched it but I thought it might be better to distract myself at several points in the film so that I could still enjoy a good nights sleep.

Watched the Dark Horse when I was at one of my friends houses yesterday. Pretty good overall, I had never heard about the story its based on before watching it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back