• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Final Fantasy - Favourite?

Final Fantasy - Which is your favourite game?

• Final Fantasy VI

• Final Fantasy VII

• Final Fantasy VIII

• Final Fantasy IX

• Final Fantasy X

• Final Fantasy XII

• Final Fantasy XIII

• Final Fantasy XV

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
This should be a topic of much interest and discussion.. 😅 Which is your favourite Final Fantasy game?

I've listed the main ones that I suspect will be most commonly voted for, but feel free to be 'that person' and argue your case for something else!

I would say that Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite.. It felt like a substantial change in terms of how the game looked from previous games in the series, triple triad remains to be my absolute favourite mini-game built in to any game - not just Final Fantasy titles, and the storyline is pretty decent (though I concede is predictable in places).

I was left feeling pretty underwhelmed by the PS4 remaster - it felt kinda lazy, there's several textures and NPCs that didn't get upscaled and it looks a bit of a mess.

..I do wish they'd remaster Final Fantasy VI though. It's a game that I really want to play through, but haven't yet brought myself to do so.

I would say my all-time favourite is VIII also. It's flawed in the way that you can basically break the game early on by taking advantage of the junction system (which also meant there's less incentive to use Magic), but that's one of the things I like about it - you have complete control over your character development...

VII and IX are close behind for sure.. but 8 always has had a special place in my heart!

VII was my first and these days would be my favorite. I've been on and off with it through my life cos it is definitely a flawed game, but there's still a lot it does right and some of it's shortcomings just add to it's overall charm honestly.

I've never finished VIII, tried playing it loads of times when I was younger but I couldn't really wrap my head around it's mechanics so I never got further than that old Temple maze you have to go to near the end of disc 1 (and also that place just sucks in general).

I've never finished VIII, tried playing it loads of times when I was younger but I couldn't really wrap my head around it's mechanics so I never got further than that old Temple maze you have to go to near the end of disc 1 (and also that place just sucks in general).
The one where you get the Brothers GF? Pretty sure you just keep going forwards, and turn right (or was it left?) whenever you have the option to do so.. 😅

The one where you get the Brothers GF? Pretty sure you just keep going forwards, and turn right (or was it left?) whenever you have the option to do so.. 😅
Yeah I've never had any issues with that part; it's always the same apart from the student ID number.

You literally just keep going right whenever you can and you'll get to the ...'right' place.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

I would have to say that XV is my favorite. Mainly because Final Fantasy XV is the newest game and it's something I really enjoy.

Yeah that's the one! I did actually end up getting past it on my last attempt in the Steam version, but it gave me tonnes of trouble as a kid. I kinda dropped it then when I heard the remaster was coming out but I just never got around to buying that :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back