• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Film series reboot

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
This has been thrown around a lot over the past 3-4 years - there is a plan to reboot the movie franchise. It's intended to be closer to the source material... particularly the first two games, with most characters being ones from the games.

Nothing has been officially announced yet, but I reckon it will be set in the past, and have a late 90's feel to it... no smartphones, no wifi, no futuristic weapons (no Milla Jovovitch!)

But it has a director, a writer, and actors have been cast.. and an IMDB page. So it seems like something is definitely happening.

I hope it doesn't have a B-movie horror vibe, sorta like the remakes of Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street from a few years back. I would be lying if I said I would be 100% confident though.

Does it really need a reboot? Probably not.. The original films weren't *that* great, and how many times can they realistically get away with retelling the story of the first few games? Unless they could potentially explore separate events during those times, maybe focussing on some of the side characters such as Ben Bertolucci.

I think they should probably wait and see how well the Netflix series is received.

A reboot without Milla Jovovitch probably won't be too successful. She is the reason I watched the movies anyway and I was curious to know what happened to her each time. A prequel is interesting but I don't think they'd have enough of a good storyline to hold the attention of the audience. We already know how the virus was brought about and why so what surprise can they spring on us?

A reboot without Milla Jovovitch probably won't be too successful. She is the reason I watched the movies anyway and I was curious to know what happened to her each time. A prequel is interesting but I don't think they'd have enough of a good storyline to hold the attention of the audience. We already know how the virus was brought about and why so what surprise can they spring on us?
Milla is the reason we all watch the movies ;)

I guess I'm the only one who isn't really a fan of Milla.. :LOL:

I just found the films a bit cheesy.. The first one was passable, but I wasn't bothered by the second or third and didn't bother watching the others.

You can't beat the rubber Nemesis though, it looked cheaper than an old Dr Who villain.
1A1F9F6F-4056-464C-9857-D7F090AD2738.jpeg

So theres a tiny bit of info regarding the plot of the movie.

It's planned to be set in Raccoon City, and it involves Albert Wesker working for Umbrella, releasing the t-Virus into the city. Protagonists include Claire Redfield, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine and Leon Kennedy. William Birkin is also involved (most likely as a good guy who turns bad...) with Birkins 'evolution' into G being part of the plot.

It basically sounds like a few key moments from Resident Evil 1 and 2 rolled into one movie.

I mean, im definitely going to watch it regardless...

Hopefully they do it justice.

I guess I'm the only one who isn't really a fan of Milla.. :LOL:

I just found the films a bit cheesy.. The first one was passable, but I wasn't bothered by the second or third and didn't bother watching the others.

I don't watch them because they're totally realistic and I do like the cheesiness of them at times :D I guess I got drawn into actually caring what happens and it was curious to see how things became that way in the first place and you begin to wonder if it could be some sort of possibility for our future.

What does everyone think of Tom Hopper as Wesker? People might know him better as No. 1/Luther from The Umbrella Academy -- he clearly likes accepting roles with 'Umbrella' in them!

tom-hopper-shades.jpg
If you couldn't tell, this is a mockup. :ROFLMAO:

We have ourselves a release date, as posted by one of the film's cast, Chad Rook (as Richard Aiken).. 🙂

Of further interest, check out the characters teased on the poster!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back