• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Do you trust TV news blindly?

Claraviolet

Reaction score
I used to but not anymore. Now, I am sure that some stuff can be exaggerated and that's not good at all. What about you guys? Do you trust the news channels blindly? Or would you try to verify the content with other news channels as well?

Share the news channels you trust blindly here :D

It depends what it is I guess. If its something that is important to me I'll often check it against other news sites.

I will however abhor any news that comes from people on Facebook or an outlet like BuzzFeed.

Blindly no. I actually avoid tuning into any news because they are always presented in a way to feed on people's fears and anger. Which I understand is what they need to do to gain viewers and ultimately make profit. I refuse to put too much energy into it all myself.

I would never do that, well I try not to do that. If there is something outlandish being reported, I always make sure to look into it a bit to make sure that it's real and I'm not getting angry about something that is made up or exaggerated.

I'll trust the news, but not the opinions that go with it, unless the news they are speaking sounds strange.

Definitely not, I can't say I even really keep up with it tbh! The odd time I'll check out the frontpage of reddit but then I just get annoyed, so I don't even do that very much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back