• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

[18+] What's the weirdest game you've ever seen?

• apathy
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess

18+ warning I guess? You never know what's out there. I mean have you SEEN the 'most popular' section on Steam these days...? :ROFLMAO:

I'll start quite lightly, for me it's the Katamari games. It's the most Japanese thing I've ever seen. Japanese things seem really odd to me, it's like something from a different planet! I've played a few of them but never got very far.

I believe you play as the son of a King who speaks in a record scratch voice. He says odd things and sends you on odd errands to essentially take a sticky ball (called a Katamari) down to a game level and progressively stick bigger and bigger things to the ball which increases the size of the ball. You control the character who simply pushes the ball around. Everything in the level can be stuck to the ball, but you have to start with smaller items, and as the ball gets bigger, the bigger things will then stick. Literally everything apart from the level geometry can potentially stick to the ball. It's a bit of a physics nightmare but essentially the goal is the make the biggest ball within a time limit. It gets very messy quite quickly. The items in the levels are kinda random and all REALLY Japanese.

It IS fun but difficult.

And uh.. I guess as for an 18+ alternative... there is a game called Stroker for the Commodore 64. I'm not going to explain it. The game has one aim. :cautious:

For more abstract kinda things then something like Katamari or LSD would probably be my pick.
Steam definitely has a strange catalogue but the weirder ones I've heard of are mostly just offensive than actually weird like the former two I mentioned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back