• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

📰 News So, about that live-action intro scene from Resident Evil....

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
Last edited:
FMVL.png

Live-Action action

Edit: Article has been updated to remove inaccurate information, some things I wrote were very wrong! My sincerest apologies.

Well, it turns out that there's been a bunch of new information regarding that famous (or infamous, however you may look at it) scene that played at the beginning of the original Resident Evil. For the longest time, not a whole lot was known about it as none of the actors were fully credited and a lot of other potentially juicy info has been lost to time. Thanks to a community effort though, we now know quite a bit more about it and there's also some rather exciting news about the future too.

As you probably know, the film features actors portraying Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, Albert Wesker, Rebecca Chambers and an another person playing a S.T.A.R.S Alpha Team member. Also featured in it are some Cerberuses (a type of Zombie Dog). First of all, it's definitely worth pointing out that the dogs featured weren't real dogs OR computer-generated - they were robotic puppets.

Now, not all of the actors have been identified (as of yet), but we do know the identities of Chris, Barry, Wesker and Rebecca.

• Chris Redfield, played by Charlie Kraslavsky.
  • Barry Burton, played by Gregory Smith.
  • Albert Wesker, played by Eric Pirius.
  • Rebecca Chambers, played by Linda X (a.k.a. Linda Rodriguez).
  • Jill Valentine, played by Inezh (last name not known).
  • S.T.A.R.S Alpha Team Member, played by Jason Wool.

It also must be said that none of the people featured in the intro did any kind of voice work or motion capture for any of the games. They were simply paid to do a shoot and that was the end of it. But it's good to know that credit can finally be given where it is due.

This ones a Keeper

... or so it was, until recently. Yep, there's some more news:

Charlie Kraslavsky who portrayed Chris Redfield in the RE1 intro has been cast as The Keeper in a fan-made Resident Evil movie named The Keeper's Diary, A Biohazard Story. The movie is being made by Residence of Evil who have long been at the forefront of expansive, well-produced Resident Evil fan stuff.

Live-Action action

Well, it turns out that there's been a bunch of new information regarding that famous (or infamous, however you may look at it) scene that played at the beginning of the original Resident Evil. For the longest time, not a whole lot was known about it as none of the actors were fully credited and a lot of other potentially juicy info has been lost to time. Thanks to a community effort though, we now know quite a bit more about it and there's also some rather exciting news about the future too.

As you probably know, the film features actors portraying Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, Albert Wesker, Rebecca Chambers and an another person playing a S.T.A.R.S Alpha Team member. Also featured in it are some Cerberuses (a type of Zombie Dog). First of all, it's definitely worth pointing out that the dogs featured weren't real dogs OR computer-generated - they were robotic puppets.

Now, not all of the actors have been identified (as of yet), but we do know the identities of Chris, Barry, Wesker and Rebecca. It's worth pointing out that none of the people featured were professional actors and were selected based on their appearance and the fact that they were in Japan at the time which was convenient for Capcom. Some, such as the actress that portrayed Jill were even in school at the time.

• Chris Redfield, played by Charlie Kraslavsky.
  • Barry Burton, played by Gregory Smith.
  • Albert Wesker, played by Eric Pirius.
  • Rebecca Chambers, played by Linda X (a.k.a. Linda Rodriguez).
  • Jill Valentine, played by Inezh (last name not known).
  • S.T.A.R.S Alpha Team Member, played by Jason Wool.

It also must be said that none of the people featured in the intro did any kind of voice work or motion capture for any of the games. They were simply paid to do a shoot and that was the end of it. But it's good to know that credit can finally be given where it is due.

This ones a Keeper

... or so it was, until recently. Yep, there's some more news:

Charlie Kraslavsky who portrayed Chris Redfield, as well as Gregory Smith and Eric Pirius who played Barry and Wesker respectively have been cast in a fan-made Resident Evil movie named The Keeper. They're reportedly playing the same roles they once did way back. The movie is being made by Residence of Evil who have long been at the forefront of expansive, well-produced Resident Evil fan stuff.
Hi James,
Thank you so much for this article, and especially for plugging our fan-made short film project. I would like to clear Ip some discrepancies. Firstly, not all of us in the cast were just amateurs. Both Eric Pirius and I were full time actors in Tokyo back in the 90's. It's true that there were many foreign tourists and students who were amateurs doing acting work on the side just for fun. I'm not sure, but that might have been true for Linda (Rebecca Chambers) and Jason (Joseph Frost). I think Greg V Smith did a few other acting jobs afterwards, but yes, he was an amateur when we filmed RE1 Biohazard. I believe Inezh went on to do more acting and modeling work afterwards, I'm not sure, but RE1 Biohazard might have been her first acting role.

Also, Eric and Greg are not going to appear in our first project, 'The Keeper's Diary, A Biohazard Story'. I will play The Keeper in that film. We also filmed a teaser with all three of us, for a different concept, which we are calling 'REsurrection'. It will take place in the present day, and all three of us will reprise our original roles in that project.

We are gearing up for Crowdfunding on Indiegogo in the next month or so, and if all goes well, we will film 'The Keeper's Diary, A Biohazard Story' later this year. 'REsurrections', is still in development.

@Charlie Kraslavsky thank you for joining and highlighting the discrepancies, I'm confident that @jamesyfx will rectify them in his article.

Please feel free to post a link to your crowdfunding page once it is live.

@Charlie Kraslavsky Hi. I'm really sorry for getting these things wrong - I've altered the post.

Also, I would be really happy to support the Indiegogo project once it is live!

• Last edited by a moderator:
  • (Redacted email address)
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James,
No problem, and thank you for doing that! You can follow our progress on our FB page, https://www.facebook.com/thekeepersdiary

If you ever want to set up an interview with me and/or our main producer, Andrew Saullo, let me know.

My personal e-mail is the one I registered with

Looks like @Charlie Kraslavsky and others were quite busy last year..! Hats off to you for being involved with the fan community.

It's crazy to think that 25 years have passed.. 🤯

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back