• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Silent Hill: The Short Message

Silent Hill: The Short Message
Following messages from her friend Maya, Anita finds herself at a crumbling apartment block, infamous for rumors of suicides.
Drawn inside, Anita soon finds her sense of reality shattered as she encounters bizarre, otherworldly spaces, haunted by a twisted monster.
Maya's message was clear — "can't leave til you find it" — but what is it that Anita is really looking for?
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Horror
Released:
Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
  • Quality Meat
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Carlos

Reaction score
During the February 6, 2024 livestream of State of Play, Konami showed off Silent Hill 2 Remake, and shadow dropped Silent Hill: The Short Message. It's a short "demo" of sorts, and it is a scary time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What do you think...?

Well, I enjoyed it, but I think a lot of pro-Kojima fans are gonna just spew brimstones at Konami forever more now. I feel that with the years of potential ahead, they're always gonna cite the past beef Konami had with him, and refuse to end their animosity.

With that said, the games now feel disconnected to Silent Hill, generally speaking. They will maybe mention the town or have a monster or ghost as an enemy, but unless the game is being set there, I have to ask, why keep the name intact?

Even Bloober Team feels Konami hasn't been keeping them in the loop with the promotional side of things as of late.

Well, I enjoyed it, but I think a lot of pro-Kojima fans are gonna just spew brimstones at Konami forever more now. I feel that with the years of potential ahead, they're always gonna cite the past beef Konami had with him, and refuse to end their animosity.
Exactly. I don't see Konami getting favor back, regardless of how this game is more of a "I'm sorry," to fans. I mean, I am getting a lot of P.T. vibes here.
With that said, the games now feel disconnected to Silent Hill, generally speaking. They will maybe mention the town or have a monster or ghost as an enemy, but unless the game is being set there, I have to ask, why keep the name intact?
I think Sony wanted the remake. I think the conversation started right after "Silent Hills" got canceled. Fans really, really wanted Silent Hills. But in order for Silent Hills to be successful, I think is to retain Kojima - and get Norman Reedus onboard. Most of the intention of buying Silent Hills is the name recognition. Not just to Reedus, but also to Kojima.
Even Bloober Team feels Konami hasn't been keeping them in the loop with the promotional side of things as of late.

That's what I meant in the other thread:
Sigh. Konami hasn't learned a damn thing from the Kojima fiasco. Ahhh... you know what bro, let them shoot themselves in the foot.

Bloober Team is good people, they just need do coding better. That's it. I did a review for Blair Witch, it was a good game, but there are some glitches, and janky animations.

I believe the game is connected to the spin off f because the 'Cherry Blossom' monster appears to be in both games to pursue the lead female protagonists. I think he or she is intended to be the new Pyramid Head / Nemesis type villain.

I've merged this with a newly created thread in the Gaming forum, and given you the credit for posting the thread @Carlos

As for the game, I haven't really looked into it much since it was confirmed to not have PlayStation trophies.. Opportunity missed 😉 I'll probably check it out eventually.

I think most of the games going forward will probably feel like the Hellraiser movies after Bloodline. As in, just average and yielding less greatness. But I would rather see it continue on somehow, than to just die off.

I've merged this with a newly created thread in the Gaming forum, and given you the credit for posting the thread @Carlos

As for the game, I haven't really looked into it much since it was confirmed to not have PlayStation trophies.. Opportunity missed 😉 I'll probably check it out eventually.
Thanks for the "attention"/credit!

They need to patch this so you can start a new game whenever you feel you want to.

The way it runs currently, you always have to resume at the part where you last left off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back