• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Chit Chat Thread

So far 2024 has been a productive (but expensive) year.

I've been putting off home renovations for the longest time. But a few weeks ago I had my main lounge wallpapered, and I've been painting various rooms and upgrading all sorts of electrical bits and bobs. I've also paid for carpet to be installed throughout which should be happening in a month or so.

Painting is annoying. I think I should wear a full hazmat suit while doing it - im not super methodical just wanna get thr job done. I was painting a ceiling and I got paint in my mouth and in my eye.

Lovely. :broken:

I've also randomly decided to take up vinyl records as a hobby. It must be in my blood. My dad, my mum and my stepdad are all heavily into vinyl.

I asked my mum is she had a spare record player over Christmas... and she did, it was a good one but hadn't been working for over a decade. The tinkerer that I am, decided to take up the challenge and if I could fix it, I could keep it. I had it working in a little over a week of tinkering.. but yanno.. it was pretty old. So not amazingly accurate when it came to playback.. So I threw down £500 on a modern player.

Now I'm finding myself thrifting for vinyl all the time. God I'm getting old!

... expensive year is 2024.

So far 2024 has been a productive (but expensive) year.

I've been putting off home renovations for the longest time. But a few weeks ago I had my main lounge wallpapered, and I've been painting various rooms and upgrading all sorts of electrical bits and bobs. I've also paid for carpet to be installed throughout which should be happening in a month or so.

Painting is annoying. I think I should wear a full hazmat suit while doing it - im not super methodical just wanna get thr job done. I was painting a ceiling and I got paint in my mouth and in my eye.

Lovely. :broken:

I've also randomly decided to take up vinyl records as a hobby. It must be in my blood. My dad, my mum and my stepdad are all heavily into vinyl.

I asked my mum is she had a spare record player over Christmas... and she did, it was a good one but hadn't been working for over a decade. The tinkerer that I am, decided to take up the challenge and if I could fix it, I could keep it. I had it working in a little over a week of tinkering.. but yanno.. it was pretty old. So not amazingly accurate when it came to playback.. So I threw down £500 on a modern player.

Now I'm finding myself thrifting for vinyl all the time. God I'm getting old!

... expensive year is 2024.
Eek, definitely sounds like an expensive undertaking! Glad you're getting through the renovations, that's fantastic! Vinyl is fun, I'd be doing that too if I had the money! Hope you've managed to acquire a good collection;)

Eek, definitely sounds like an expensive undertaking! Glad you're getting through the renovations, that's fantastic! Vinyl is fun, I'd be doing that too if I had the money! Hope you've managed to acquire a good collection;)
Oh yeah, I've got quite a mixture! I think I'll end up being one of those sad old guys that has a whole room dedicated to vinyl. :rock_on:

I'm midway through redecorating my home.. and I've been pulling up old carpet from the stairs... and christ, the previous owners of this place did some proper dodgy work.

So far I've found a stanley knife blade under the carpet, a few bobby pins, loads of random nails which had just been bent flat. I am a perfectionist, and I like to be thorough.... so I've removed every single nail, staple, screw or otherwise foreign object.

I could have paid somebody a measly £50 to do all this for me.... but eh. I'm trying to be economical. :haa_haa:

I'm midway through redecorating my home.. and I've been pulling up old carpet from the stairs... and christ, the previous owners of this place did some proper dodgy work.

So far I've found a stanley knife blade under the carpet, a few bobby pins, loads of random nails which had just been bent flat. I am a perfectionist, and I like to be thorough.... so I've removed every single nail, staple, screw or otherwise foreign object.

I could have paid somebody a measly £50 to do all this for me.... but eh. I'm trying to be economical. :haa_haa:
Wow, that is some shoddy work indeed! Glad you found them, though!

Can't say I've ever visited a prostitute. Good luck with that. :p

They often have an attitude problem and overprice their services.

It has gotten to the point where my sex drive is just depleting. I still feel like going ahead with it sometimes, but they don't care about you one bit, so they're inclined to give you a shit time.

In fact, on UKPunting recently, I seen a post on there about a prossie stealing money while this guy was having a shower.

Never trust a whore.

I hate the summer, because it's ridiculously hot, lonesome and boring. Worse yet, the hay fever one gets is always terrible. But the cold weather is lame.

I don't know any period of a year I like, besides late July to the end of September.

Hi all, hope you're doing well. Don't forget to wear green a week from today :p

Currently on the train to Manchester as I'm working there for a few days.. such joys.

Of course I've packed the essentials. Laptop, PS3, chargers.. 😂

Hello everyone! Did everyone remember to set their clocks ahead one hour? Or do you even use clocks that need to be set anymore?

I'm sorry you've had to cross the hills into Manchester. It's dreary!

I've been busy playing FF7 Rebirth. Honestly, I didn't even realise it was out until I saw it mentioned in a thread here.

Hey peeps! Hope you're doing well on this fine Easter Sunday.

200.gif

We had quite a restful Easter break, it was much needed.. 🙂

I also have next week off work owing to the second week of the school holidays, and looking after my daughter. Happy days!

We had quite a restful Easter break, it was much needed.. 🙂

I also have next week off work owing to the second week of the school holidays, and looking after my daughter. Happy days!
That sounds like a good time! Glad you were able to get off of work for that week.

Is it just me, or is this forum running a little slow?

When I sign in, it feels a bit on the sluggish side.

Seems to be working fine for me.. 🤷‍♂️

There was an issue with the old Wiki, which is why it is being replaced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back