• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Alan Wake II

Alan Wake II
Saga Anderson arrives to investigate ritualistic murders in a small town. Alan Wake pens a dark story to shape the reality around him. These two heroes are somehow connected. Can they become the heroes they need to be?Solve a Deadly Mystery
What begins as a small-town murder investigation rapidly spirals into a nightmare journey. Uncover the source of the supernatural darkness in this psychological horror story filled with intense suspense and unexpected twists.
Play As Two Characters
Experience both Alan Wake’s and Saga Anderson’s stories and see events unfold from different perspectives. Switch between Anderson’s life-or-death race to solve the case and Wake’s desperate attempts to rewrite his reality to escape the depths of the Dark Place.

Minimum – Low graphics preset, 1080p/30FPS:
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060/Radeon RX 6600
VRAM: 6 GB
DLSS/FSR2: Quality
CPU: Intel i5-7600K or AMD equivalent
RAM: 16 GB
Storage: 90 GB SSD

Recommended – Medium graphics preset, 1440p/30FPS:
GPU: GeForce RTX 3060/Radeon RX 6600 XT
VRAM: 8 GB
DLSS/FSR2: Balanced
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel equivalent

Recommended – Medium preset, 1080p/60FPS:
GPU: GeForce RT 3070/Radeon RX 6700 XT
VRAM: 8 GB
DLSS/FSR2: Performance
CPU: Rozen 7 3700X or Intel equivalent
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Epic Games

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
  • Quality Meat
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Probably my favourite game of the moment. It ties in everything from Remedy. Lots of Max Payne, Control and (obviously) references to Alan Wake 1 and its DLC.

The game is technically amazing, cosmetically beautiful and extremely interesting to navigate. The actual 'game' part of it (shooting, etc) is probably its weakest point, but it can be forgiven for its narrative. And its weirdness.

Thats it. Its also really weird.

Play the game!

Oh - if you're on PC, this game is a bit of a nightmare as it is so demanding. Unless you've got a ridiculously up to date and high-spec'd system... If you turn Ray Tracing off, it still looks really great and runs like a dream. Turn it on, and everything tanks. But I leave it on, as its kinda got that cinematic feel when its around 30fps which I'm enjoying with this game.

The first game is good - for it's time. Honestly it's a bit jarring to return to, even the recent remaster. It controls quite like the early Max Payne games, with that orbital camera style.

I would say to fully enjoy the AW2 experience, you should at least have knowledge of the rest of the RCU (Yep.. they have a name for the Remedy connected universe).

Buuuut.. not essential. A lot of things will go over your head, but the game itself can still be enjoyed and the narrative... Well. Even if you are aware of everything it is still really hard to make sense of it. That's just the kind of game it is. :bellissimo:

Come to think of it, I need to resume playing this.

I last attempted it some 4 months ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back