• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Vampyr

Vampyr
Set in early 20th century Britain during a bout of the lethal Spanish flu, the streets of London are crippled by disease, violence and fear. In a completely disorganized and ghostly city, those who are either fools, desperate, or unlucky enough to walk the streets lay prey to Britains most elusive predators: the Vampires.

Emerging from the chaos, a tormented figure awakes; as the player it is you who determines how to harness your new powers, by specializing in deadly, versatile RPG skill-trees that change the way you play. As a doctor recently turned into a Vampire, you try to understand your new affliction. Your quest of intuition, discoveries and struggles, will be filled with death and drama, while your attempt to stem the irrepressible thirst that constantly drives you to take human lives.

As you cling to what remains of your humanity, your decisions will ultimately shape the fate of your hero while searching for answers in the coughing, foggy aftermath of the Spanish Flu.

FEATURES:

* Explore a darkly atmospheric early 20th century London.

* Play a tormented and powerful Vampire learning the rules of your new condition. A man of science, a beast of the night: Your toughest battles will be within yourself.

* Build your own combat style through a wide range of crafted weapons and powerful Vampire abilities to defeat a large and unique bestiary.

* Choose your fate: moral choices will shape your story. How human could a Vampire be, when he must feed?
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Role-Playing
Released:
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
  • apathy
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
Vampyr is free with PS Plus - October 2020!

PlayStation.Blog said:
Life is Strange developer Dontnod Entertainment challenges you to embrace the darkness with this 1918-set, third-person action RPG with deep narrative choices. Play a doctor turned vampire ghosting through a London gripped by violence and fear. Use your supernatural abilities, as well as man-made tools and weapons to fight or flee the forces of evil and vampire hunters. Save the city's populace or feed on them to become stronger, but giving in to your bloodlust can have grave consequences…
Subscribers will be able to download Vampyr (and Need for Speed: Payback) free of charge from 6th October until 2nd November.

I haven't really heard much about the game, but it's a welcome freebie! :cool:

I played Vampyr a year or so ago, and I just couldn't get into it.

It's definitely a lower budget title, something just feels off about it.. particularly the combat and the pacing.

I'll have to give it another try at some point as it reviewed well. Maybe I was just expecting too much.

I put a decent amount of time into this and enjoyed it. I went with hard mode because I heard that was the way to go if you wanted to go full vampire and kill off characters, but when I actually started playing it I just felt bad and tried to keep everyone alive. But then I got to a boss fight somewhere in the last third of the game that I was never able to beat, due to it being hard mode, so I just gave up.

I think it's a decent game overall. Probably one of the ones you'd want to wait for a sale for, but still worth a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back