• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Your Most Expensive Physical Game?

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Here's one for the collectors...

You can either use eBay or websites like PriceCharting to check what the going rate is for any game. PriceCharting is the best option, just type in your game, click on the version you have and then it shows you what the average price is for loose, complete in box, new or graded.

Mine is probably Resident Evil Gaiden for the Gameboy Color which is currently worth $190 in its condition.. Which is crazy.

Coming second is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for the GameCube, it's currently worth $134. Which is less crazy but still. People must really want their retro games

So yeah.. Anyone else got any gems in their collection?

I'm pretty certain it's my sealed copy of Persona 4 Golden: Golden Edition for Vita. They went for $400 when I bought it, but I managed to snag one for $180. Now they're going for $750-$999 according to ebay lol
There are probably other items in my Megami Tensei collection that are worth a shitton, but none as immediately obvious P4G.

I'm pretty certain it's my sealed copy of Persona 4 Golden: Golden Edition for Vita. They went for $400 when I bought it, but I managed to snag one for $180. Now they're going for $750-$999 according to ebay lol
There are probably other items in my Megami Tensei collection that are worth a shitton, but none as immediately obvious P4G.
That's crazy for a Vita game of all things! But yeah having things sealed makes an enormous difference. If only I knew when I was younger.. Would have always bought 2 of everything. :ROFLMAO:

I've never bought a game for over $200 but there are some physical games I spent money on just not in a long time. I tend to get my games digital the majority of the time. I usually get digital copies instead of the physical games. The last game I spent a lot on the physical copy was Halo 2 when it came out and bought the steel book edition. I can't remember how much it cost. I have however bought versions of games that have the season pass like the digital deluxe edition of games.

That's crazy for a Vita game of all things! But yeah having things sealed makes an enormous difference. If only I knew when I was younger.. Would have always bought 2 of everything. :ROFLMAO:
I never bothered with the Vita much but to this day I'm under the impression P4G was one of the best known titles on the system (and considering it was before Persona 5 made the series mainstream, thats sad...) and the Golden Edition only had 10k copies made I believe. $400 is probably its "true" value and the higher prices I'm seeing now are probably just COVID prices.

I have a few games that are worth a considerable amount. Probably the more impressive one is a factory sealed copy of Comix Zone that I found at a charity shop for $7 and is now worth $180+, which was a nice find :). I've also got Shining Force III that's worth around $300, factory sealed Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors Edition that's worth $200+, Shining the Holy Ark, that's worth around $160, and a fair few other games in the same sort of price regions. I also still stupidly have factory sealed copies of all of the Burger King games...like every collector, grabbed those and left them out of the way hoping they'd one day go up in price, but like the Blockbuster Outlaw games before them, they went nowhere :D.

I haven't really looked into what any of my physical games are worth.. but I can tell you the most expensive physical game that I purchased was Halo 3: Legendary Edition. I can't remember what I paid for it, but looking at reports it appeared to retail in the US at $129.99

I'm pretty sure I ended up giving the helmet to my brother, who was a bigger Halo fan than myself.. No idea if he still has it.

Can't remember what the name of it was but it was one of the special editions of GTA 5. It wasn't the most expensive option but the middle option which isn't that expensive, to be honest. It came with a special case and a few added things in-game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back