• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

RE6: Worthy of its criticism?

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
Despite not playing it myself, I've heard much criticism of Resident Evil 6 and not a great deal of positivity..

Is it deserved? Would Resident Evil 6 have been received better if it wasn't a 'main' title similar to Revelations?

I despised resident evil 6.

I couldnt get in to the story, or the game play.

It felt like it deviated too much from what makes Resident Evil great.

I only played it 3 or 4 times, never made it to the end and probably never will.

I played it once when it was first released. I saw the reviews so I kinda knew what I was getting - but I was hoping that the game would at least feel like Resident Evil 5.

But.. It didn't. It felt like too many different ideas with a paper-thin plot holding it all together. It just didn't work, but you know we wouldn't have 7, the 2 and 3 remakes, without it.

So it's good that it came out, as a learning experience for Capcom. But I won't ever be playing it again!

I played it once when it was first released. I saw the reviews so I kinda knew what I was getting - but I was hoping that the game would at least feel like Resident Evil 5.

But.. It didn't. It felt like too many different ideas with a paper-thin plot holding it all together. It just didn't work, but you know we wouldn't have 7, the 2 and 3 remakes, without it.

So it's good that it came out, as a learning experience for Capcom. But I won't ever be playing it again!

I get what you are saying about too many ideas. I have had this exact discussion with people previously. Like you say, it is good that it came out as a learning experience but I'm in agreeance that it isnt something I will play frequently, if at all.

There's some decent to okay stuff in RE6 - honestly, I really enjoy Leon and Helena's campaign for what it is. As a whole, however, the game just did not work for me. RE5 was a game i enjoyed playing, even if it was straying further from what RE was... RE6 just felt like a chore to play through. I finished Jake and Sherry's campaign, but couldn't make myself get past chapter one of Chris and Piers.

Just wasn't coherent enough, it felt like several different games in one.

There's some decent to okay stuff in RE6 - honestly, I really enjoy Leon and Helena's campaign for what it is. As a whole, however, the game just did not work for me. RE5 was a game i enjoyed playing, even if it was straying further from what RE was... RE6 just felt like a chore to play through. I finished Jake and Sherry's campaign, but couldn't make myself get past chapter one of Chris and Piers.

Just wasn't coherent enough, it felt like several different games in one.
SHEVAAAA

I love resi 5. I play it frequently :D
I usually end up playing through it every couple years or so... did a playthrough last summer with a friend, and we forgot how to beat Wesker at the end of the game.... It was a mess. 😭

Resident Evil 5 is fun, it handles a lot like Resident Evil 4. But the graphics are way better, and I think the overall story is more 'exciting'.

I don't think it's aged suuuper well, the whole having to wait for your companion to do certain things was a bit of a fad when the game was new (Although The Last of Us still seems to be doing it :ROFLMAO: )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back