• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    It's a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Why doesn’t everybody enjoy reading?

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
Why doesn't everybody enjoy reading?

What can be done to help people change their minds?

Is it something you need to grow up with? instill reading from day 1?

Read Book Club GIF

Carlos

People are just lazy.

I enjoy reading stuff online. I love forums for this reason, but people are just fucking LAZY.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Erm..
I've never particularly enjoyed reading.. I can probably count on two hands how many books I've actually read to completion, excluding reading children's books for my 5-year old daughter.

My argument has always been Why spend the time reading a book when I can be shown or interact with a story through films or games?

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I'm too impatient when reading. I basically just scan-read books and then if something piques my interest especially, I'll go back and read that section more thoroughly. :hands_over_eyes:

Comment

PGen98

I was an avid reader for a long time, especially Tolkien's books, but lately I've grown wary of reading and my eyes are getting worse, so reading isn't as fun. I hope to fix that again when I get some free time (hah, free time), but I still enjoy reading articles on websites and such. Just not books these days.

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
I like reading but my attention span doesn't really allow for it, I just end up reading them line-by-line rather than taking in the overall narration if that makes sense. Ultimately I just never know whats going on so its kinda a waste of my time lol

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.