• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Which underrated game do you wish got more attention?

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
For me it's Ehrgeiz - specifically the PlayStation version.

It was a competent fully 3D fighting game and had the inclusion of several Final Fantasy VII characters. But the main draw for me was a side game also included which was essentially a Diablo-like dungeon crawler with levels, items, experience, money and equipment. It also had an trade system as well as a survival system.. so it was unusually in-depth. It's inclusion was a bit odd but it was so much fun to play!

Now, this is an interesting topic because I don't think I actually play many games that are "underrated". The only one I can think of is Overcooked which is well-liked by fans of the game but not very well known amongst others.

Overcooked is amazing when you're playing on the couch with others! We all turn into a Gordon Ramsay. 😂

But it just gets way too hard after a while so we've just had to play the same few levels over and over.. lol

Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy was a great sixth-gen console game, and without it we most likely wouldn't have seen the likes of the various Telltale games, Heavy Rain, or Beyond: Two Souls (and you could probably argue others too).. I recently played through it again for only the second time, and really enjoyed it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Color Guardians took me a while to get into, but when I did - boy did I fall in love with it! Simple, yet challenging gameplay all based around colour matching. It doesn't do anything new particularly, but it does the basics really well.

Alundra on the PS1, you can definitely draw comparisons between it and Zelda but with a pretty interesting story and the puzzles are pretty difficult. It's been a few years since I've played it but I'm pretty sure it has a pretty dark atmosphere too.

Also this is an absolute choon

EDIT: and this actually damn, what a soundtrack. I absolutely LOVE those cheesy "Uh!"s that come in every now and then, the smell of 90s off it

Alundra on the PS1, you can definitely draw comparisons between it and Zelda but with a pretty interesting story and the puzzles are pretty difficult. It's been a few years since I've played it but I'm pretty sure it has a pretty dark atmosphere too.

EDIT: and this actually damn, what a soundtrack. I absolutely LOVE those cheesy "Uh!"s that come in every now and then, the smell of 90s off it

Alundra is a game that I really fancy playing, actually - I've never experienced it.. I might have to hook up my PlayStation + PS-IO this week 👍

Sounds like a plan, i've never actually managed to finish it because it can be pretty difficult but it's still great fun, I go back to it every couple of years.
I've never played it's sequel though, so I'm not sure what that's like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back