• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

What’s your longest-serving App?

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Basically, what's an App you installed years ago and still use?

Apps like Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter etc are not included as they're kind of a given (unfortunately!). On iPhone you can check what apps you've downloaded in the order you obtained them... So there's an easy(ish) way for you to find out there without guessing. I guess Android will have something similar!

Mine is the Manchester Evening News app 😂 A local newspaper.. I've been using it since 28 Feb 2010 and still going strong...

BBC Sport app gets checked pretty much every day.

I don't really use any other apps frequently.. I prefer using my mobile browser. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there is a way to check on Android. But I presume it's going to be BBC Sport like Lee. Whenever I get a phone, it's always one of the first apps that I download because I like to check up on the latest football news

I would have to say, the Yahoo Mail app is something I've been using for years. Extremely beneficial when it comes to easy access to checking your mail. I always have it there on my iPhone 11 to check emails when they are sent and it's extremely convenient to be right next to my text message area.

In terms of "less obvious" apps, I would guess the HotUKDeals app is one that I've had downloaded for a while and continue to use on a regular basis.. I do like a good bargain! 😉

Otherwise it would be my online banking app (I'd feel kinda lost without that now!).

In terms of "less obvious" apps, I would guess the HotUKDeals app is one that I've had downloaded for a while and continue to use on a regular basis.. I do like a good bargain! 😉

Otherwise it would be my online banking app (I'd feel kinda lost without that now!).
Cant imagine banking the 'old fashioned' way now 😂

Cant imagine banking the 'old fashioned' way now 😂
Yeah, even regular Online Banking seems archaic these days. In fact my virgin credit card don't even do online banking anymore, it's all done on an app.

Whilst I agree it does seem archaic, I feel the option should still be available..
Certainly for the oldies of the world, that's for sure. Although, even my gran in her 70s is now using a banking app. 😂

Probably those 3rd party youtubes that give you extra features like locking the screen when a video plays. I have a premium account now so I dont need to worry bout it but I used to use OGYoutube, NewPipe, and Youtube Vanced. I'd have to switch between them all because they'd stop working from time to time.

I don't tend to use my phone for much other than listening to music and general web browsing so I'm unsure if I have anything more interesting than that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back