• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Village is out NOW*

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
*Unless you're in Japan, then it's tomorrow. :eek:

Who's picked it up on day one? I got the Deluxe Edition with DLC Pass on PC. I've only managed to play through the first scenes a lot of which has been seen in trailers and everything - so the scene has been set, and I'm looking forward to getting properly into the game tonight!

Must admit, given that I'm massively behind in the series and have such little free time - I'm not in a rush to pick up Village.. 😅 I'm just not!

• Last edited by a moderator:
  • (Moved screenshots to Media)
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here's a bunch of screenshots I took of the game running at max everything at 1080p. It's a really really pretty game and runs at a smooth frame rate all things considered! All the screenshots are from the first hour of the game, so nothing spoiled.

Also, some things might look unusually pixelated like textures and such.. It's because I have FidelityFX CAS Sharpening on.. I'm going to switch it off in future as it looks a bit odd.

It's crazy where we are now at a stage where the in-game footage IS the exact same as the press imagery they send out. Everything is in-engine and it looks fabulouss...

I'm about an hour into it and I'm glad I didn't pick hard mode. Never played a Resident Evil game before (I do own Resident Evil 2 Remake and RE7). I've already wasted tons of ammo and accidentally hitting the button to heal when there's no need :mad:

I've had fun so far; it's been pretty manic at times. I wouldn't say it's been scary but it is tense.

I'll give it some more game time this weekend - I'm also playing Metro Exodus.

Well, here's a bunch of screenshots I took of the game running at max everything at 1080p. It's a really really pretty game and runs at a smooth frame rate all things considered! All the screenshots are from the first hour of the game, so nothing spoiled.

Also, some things might look unusually pixelated like textures and such.. It's because I have FidelityFX CAS Sharpening on.. I'm going to switch it off in future as it looks a bit odd.

It's crazy where we are now at a stage where the in-game footage IS the exact same as the press imagery they send out. Everything is in-engine and it looks fabulouss...
Stunning effort here mate - look forward to seeing more!

I've been grabbing snapshots as I'm playing, so the album is growing!

I'm not sure how far I am towards the end, but I think I'm getting towards it. You can always sorta tell how you're progressing in an RE game based on how many weapons you've collected. 😂😂

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's not as scary as 7, but it's far more dramatic and the encounters are way more fun and frantic. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of DLC they come up with as the RE7 DLC was excellent.

I can safely say there are now screenshots from pretty much beginning to end, not counting the prologue.

The album was a good idea then.. 😅😉

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back