• Please note Umbrella Online is currently undergoing maintenance and may be offline for short intervals.

Valve Steam Deck

Currently reading:
Valve Steam Deck

Ash

With the recent announcement of the Steam Deck, will you be getting it? I was massively surprised when they revealed it but I actually quite like the idea of it. Not sure I will be getting it though as the Series X and PS5 is enough for me.

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
I think it looks great, but I'm far more excited by the prospects of it being what makes Linux gaming gain mass appeal more than the actual device itself :p
I've not decided if I'll pick one up myself, though I do see a number of my friends have put down a deposit already which is great.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
It looks good, but as a PlayStation gamer there's little appeal if the games aren't connected to my profile.. 😏

Maybe that's just the trophy hunter in me.

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
It’s decent looking, and the pricing seems extraordinarily cheap for what you get — but still, it’s sorta last-gen in terms of the gaming performance so in that way it doesn’t appeal to me. I have a gaming PC for the power and my Switch for the more casual stuff.. I can’t see myself enjoying AAA titles on a handheld.

1 Comment
Ash
Ash commented
This is what I was wondering about because I'm not exactly sure who their target market is. For someone like you, it doesn't make any sense to get one really since you already have a PC. I guess they want the users that can't afford a good gaming PC but then again, it's not exactly the cheapest option for that target market.

I'm down for it, I know some games I really would love to play on the go. Sucks it cost so much though, nearly double of that of the Switch.

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
I'm down for it, I know some games I really would love to play on the go. Sucks it cost so much though, nearly double of that of the Switch.

It is a bit pricey, I don't really see myself using one but I'd still like to pick one up to support Linux gaming. The library is theoretically bigger than the Switch's though, and maybe emulators will work? If u can put windows on it I dont see why u cant put an emu on.

I think it's possible to get the base model and upgrade the storage yourself to potentially save some moolah also

Comment