• Please note Umbrella Online is currently undergoing maintenance and may be offline for short intervals.

Thanks to Pound Technology

Currently reading:
Thanks to Pound Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
I just wanted to publicly tip my hat to Pound Technology

Downton Abbey GIF

I purchased one of their HD Link cables for PS2 back in 2019 - I had issues with it, but thought this was caused by my setup. I recently retried the cable with my new TV after since leaving it to one side, and the same problem has quickly become apparent again. I reached out to them in hope more than anything, but they've said that they'll get me sorted since it has always been seemingly faulty.

Bravo ladies and gents! 😎

Hopefully I'm finally a step closer to being able to capture PS2 gameplay..

PGen98

That's fantastic! I've got one for the original Xbox, not Pound's version, though, and I'm desperate to switch to theirs. The quality just seems so much better, and I have indeed heard their support is top notch. Great that they're going to get you sorted!

2 Comments
Oblivion Knight
Oblivion Knight commented
I'm looking forward to giving it a try with a working cable.. from the videos that I've seen, the picture quality certainly seems markedly better. Interestingly it's been suggested that the cable works better with the PS1 than it does the PS2, but.. hopefully it'll make the capturing process infinitely easier.

PGen98
PGen98 commented
Maybe they're suggesting it upscales PS1 graphics a bit better because there's a bit more polishing that can be done w/ PS1 vs PS2? Seems odd it would be worse, or...less good? On the PS2. I've heard nothing but good things about the Pound cables, though, so I'm sure it's going to look great! If I could, I'd grab every one they've released for all of my consoles, I'd love to see the Dreamcast, Saturn, and GameCube upscaled!

Ash

That's some great customer service from them especially since it was a long time after your initial issue that you contacted them again. It's always nice to hear about these companies that do well and treat their customers nicely.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
..hopefully I wasn't too pre-emptive with this thread. I haven't received or heard anything further from them since sending a copy of my receipt 🤔

I'll give it until the 21st before I reach out again, at which time they'll have had a month.

• Haha
Reactions: Ash
Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
I attempted to order an alternative product from another retailer in the meantime - which was never received and have now put in a separate PayPal dispute for.. I won't name and shame them unless it escalates to a claim.. Literally having zero luck with this!! :facepalm:

So I decided to reach out to Pound Technology again last night, and thankfully they have been quick to respond;
I am so sorry for not responding to you! I had forwarded your address to a colleague to see if we could get a new unit shipped to you via a European distributor to try to expedite things. Seems like that completely backfired as it’s been a month since our original correspondence.

I’m following up with him right now and hope to have an answer for you soon. Apologies again for the lack of follow up on this.

Hopefully my luck changes soon.. 😅

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Funny how quick the pendulum swings (again).. I got home last night with a parcel on my doormat, and it was the alternative product (LevelHike) that I'd just put in a PayPal dispute for. You'd have thought that 3 weeks would have been ample time to leave it, but ah well - at least it arrived.. I'm not going to plug the retailer as I haven't been particularly impressed with them.

Not only that, but I then also had another email from Pound Technology advising that they'd ran out of stock in Europe but that one would be shipped from their warehouse in the US - which was followed up with a shipping confirmation. I'm still very impressed with their customer service despite the delay.. 🙂

Comment

PGen98

That is a ridiculously slow shipping time on the alternative, but at least it arrived! Hopefully the one from Pound arrives nice and quickly so you can get back up and running properly!

Comment

Ash

Hopefully, both of the situations are sorted out pretty soon. Your luck just hasn't been great for this, has it :ROFLMAO: ?

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
My PS1 is just about prepped for game capturing, and I'm just in the process of prepping my PS2. Hopefully I'll be able to do similar "preview" videos by the end of this week. The LevelHike cable is working well although I haven't yet tested it in the Elgato, but I don't envisage any issues.

I'm not entirely sure how to do a similar preview video for PS3 yet, since quite a few of my games on that console are physical and unlike the PS2 I don't have a tool to mimic a digital copy for displaying everything together.

Hopefully, both of the situations are sorted out pretty soon. Your luck just hasn't been great for this, has it :ROFLMAO: ?
It tends to be the story of my life.. 😆

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
I'm happy to report that the replacement cable from Pound Technology has now arrived and appears to be working well.. 🙂

1 Comment
PGen98
PGen98 commented
Fantastic! So glad they did finally get it to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.