• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

System Shock

• jamesyfx
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Just wondered, did anyone ever play System Shock or System Shock 2?

The BioShock series was considered a spiritual successor to System Shock. They had similar gameplay styles (although System Shock was far more RPG-style - the FPS part was less important in those games) and equally had a decent storyline.

Of course BioShock games have a much more grand plot and modern gameplay but I still think those earlier games are captivating, particular Shock 2.

Would you kindly reply to this thread?

I've heard about them, but I've never played them - probably because they're PC games.. 😉

..hey, maybe I'll give them a whirl next week! If I find some time, that is.

I have them, I play them and absolutely adore them. SHODAN is one of the most amazing villains in video game history, I'm invested in a kickstarter for a System Shock remake and I just cannot wait to get my hands on it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The remake of System Shock is out.

I'm about to play it for the first time. There's a demo, but I'm that convinced it will be great, I'm diving straight in.

Edit: It's brilliant. It runs like a dream on PC with everything maximised and DLSS off. The textures have an intentional low-fi look and it seems they've applied a voxel effect to the 3D stuff too. Paired with the lighting and super smooth animations is a really nice looking game.

482400_20230601183216_1.png 482400_20230602153821_1.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back