• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Submit your gaming hints

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
Last edited:
Random hints for Resident Evil gameplay are now displayed on Umbrella Online..
1624644714636.png

If you'd like to contribute your own hint(s) to this cycle, reply to this thread and they will be added as time permits. It would also be useful if you noted which game(s) the hint is applicable to.

• Never stop pressing the Interact button, items often aren't highlighted or are hidden out of plain sight.
  • You can aim up and down, with powerful weapons it is possible to take off a zombie's head with one shot.
  • Running away is a viable option. Ammo is often scarce on higher difficulties, and taking on groups of enemies can quickly lead to trouble.
  • Ammo for the more powerful weapons is scarce, try to conserve it for tougher enemies and boss encounters.
  • The knife isn't as bad as you may think. A few swipes of a downed enemy can help to conserve ammo.
  • Take advantage of sound and lighting. Enemies are audibly louder as they get closer, and use shadows to plan your route.. or your escape!
  • Zombie law tells us to aim for the head. With reworked game mechanics it is often better to incapacitate an enemy, aim for the legs.
  • Mastering use of the quick turn feature could be the difference between life and death ..or Fine and Danger.
  • Struggling to identify what to do next? Check the map; a red shaded room means there is something still to be discovered.
  • Examining an item can sometimes reveal additional hints or secrets.
  • Shooting at shiny objects and small critters is not only satisfying, it can also be rewarding.
  • Enemies with an exposed Plaga can be one-shotted with a Flash Grenade.
  • To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.
  • Leon is invincible when doing a kick attack on a stunned enemy. It also knocks down groups, use it often.
  • Fuel is a limited resource. Burning zombies to prevent them respawning should be used tactically in tight spaces. It is possible to burn multiple zombies at once!
  • Hate that baby scene from Resident Evil Village? Just run and hide under the bed. Then come out when the doorway is passable.
  • Try to open every door. If it's locked, in modern titles it'll be noted on the map how it is locked.
  • Fight Nemesis if you can, a unique upgrade or useful item is often dropped as a reward.

A lot of Resident Evil games have a quick turn feature, where your character will do a 180 degree spin with a simple button combination. I think every game from RE3 Nemesis onwards have supported it (You'll have to turn this into a snappy sentence, sorry :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of Resident Evil games have a quick turn feature, where your character will do a 180 degree spin with a simple button combination. I think every game from RE3 Nemesis onwards have supported it (You'll have to turn this into a snappy sentence, sorry :ROFLMAO: )
I'm not sure it's phrased correctly yet, but it's been added.. 😉

Here's a few more I've thought of, just to keep the ball rolling.

- [RE7/8/2RE/3RE] Check the map. Blue means you've cleared it, Red means there is still something to discover!
- [RE7/8/2RE/3RE] Try to open every door. If it's locked, it'll be noted the map HOW it is locked.
- Save your most powerful ammo and weapons for the bosses. The handgun is your best friend for all regular enemies.
- [RE4/5/6/7/8] See something shiny? Or a random critter (i.e. a crow or a rat) Shoot it. It will probably earn you something cool.
- Remember to examine everything you collect. You never know what secrets they hold.
- [RE8] Hate that baby scene from Resident Evil Village? Just run and hide under the bed. Then come out when the doorway is passable.
- [RE1/2/3] When you're in Danger, sometimes Green Herb mixtures heal more health than usual. It's random, but could save you in a pinch.
- [RE4] Enemies with an exposed Plaga can be one-shotted with a Flash Grenade. Useful when there are groups.
- [RE3] If you can, fight Nemesis. He usually drops a unique upgrade or useful item.
- [RE4] Leon is invincible when doing a kick attack on a stunned enemy. It also knocks down groups. Use it often.
- [RE1] When playing as Chris and battling Plant 42, use the knife. It doesn't take many slashes to kill it.

Here's a few more I've thought of, just to keep the ball rolling.

- [RE7/8/2RE/3RE] Check the map. Blue means you've cleared it, Red means there is still something to discover!
- [RE7/8/2RE/3RE] Try to open every door. If it's locked, it'll be noted the map HOW it is locked.
- Save your most powerful ammo and weapons for the bosses. The handgun is your best friend for all regular enemies.
- [RE4/5/6/7/8] See something shiny? Or a random critter (i.e. a crow or a rat) Shoot it. It will probably earn you something cool.
- Remember to examine everything you collect. You never know what secrets they hold.
- [RE8] Hate that baby scene from Resident Evil Village? Just run and hide under the bed. Then come out when the doorway is passable.
- [RE1/2/3] When you're in Danger, sometimes Green Herb mixtures heal more health than usual. It's random, but could save you in a pinch.
- [RE4] Enemies with an exposed Plaga can be one-shotted with a Flash Grenade. Useful when there are groups.
- [RE3] If you can, fight Nemesis. He usually drops a unique upgrade or useful item.
- [RE4] Leon is invincible when doing a kick attack on a stunned enemy. It also knocks down groups. Use it often.
- [RE1] When playing as Chris and battling Plant 42, use the knife. It doesn't take many slashes to kill it.
Thanks James, I'll try and get around to adding them.

Two years later, I finally got around to adding these.. 😅 Though in fairness I think you have access to do it..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back