• Please note Umbrella Online is currently undergoing maintenance and may be offline for short intervals.

Sony's State of Play Showcase 2021

Currently reading:
Sony's State of Play Showcase 2021

jamesyfx

Wiki team
Did anyone follow the PlayStation Showcase when it was live? I didn't catch it Live but I started looking into it shortly afterwards.. and WOW WHAT THE HELL. A heck of a lot of great teasers.

So far this is what we've learned:

- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- the classic RPG is getting a full-blown remaster which aims to retain the original feel but with a new look.
- Gran Turismo 7 -- I think this is the era where they may achieve visual perfection with ray-tracing and high frame rates.
- Marvel's Spider-Man 2 -- the trailer featured Pete, Miles and Venom. The graphics looked far superior to the previous games.. and I think any Insomniac sequel is gonna do well.
- Wolverine -- Probably the biggest surprise, once again by Insomniac.. It's not clear what kind of game it is but it's probably a third person action based on the studio. Can't wait for that one.
- God of War Ragnarok -- Everyone has been waiting for this for a long time. I expect it's not gonna be much different from the previous game in terms of playability.
- Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy -- These games will be making their way to the PS5 and PC (probably via Epic Games store).
- Tchia -- An open world game which looks like it will appeal to children.. looks like it takes some influence from Mario Odyssey?
- Deathloop -- Another one people have been waiting ages for.. Yep, it's still coming! Time travel FPS game. Nothing new here really, we all hope it turns out good.
- Blood Hunt -- A vampire themed battle royale.. It was always gonna happen. Nosgoth was ahead of it's time!
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - The game is coming to everything, but Sony showed a nice trailer. It's assumed it will look best on PS5 and PC.
- Ghostwire Tokyo -- An action-adventure by Tango Gameworks -Some Resident Evil heritage there.. so expect something akin to The Evil Within. Looking forward to this one!
- Alan Wake Remastered -- Looks good, but I still think they could've done something more with the visuals. Let's hope it's worth the wait!
- Forspoken -- An action RPG with ridiculously fast parkour. Looks good, can't wait to see some more. Visually reminds me of Final Fantasy XV on crack.
- Tiny Tinas Wonderland -- A Borderlands spin-off. I guess that was the next logical step for the series! Probably gonna be coming to everything.
- Project Eve -- Futuristic, stylish hack and slash adventure that reminds me of Devil May Cry or Bayonetta... Yep. Yes please!
- THE NEW GRAND THEFT AUTO.. oh wait.. it's GTA5 again. Coming soon with next-gen upgrades.

So is there anything you guys are particularly excited about?

For me, it's the Wolverine, Spider-Man 2, KOTR, Ghostwire Tokyo and Project Eve. I'm also looking forward to God of War but it's been in the back of my mind for a super long time so It's gonna take a bit of a wind-up for me to get excited about it again.

Ash

Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, GT7, GTA 5 (I'll explain below), and KOTR.

The only reason I'm looking forward to GTA 5 is that there is a small part of me that believes Rockstar aren't stupid enough to just release the game again with the "new" features they mentioned. I have a feeling they have some cool things to announce but we will have to wait and see I guess.

Comment
It was kind of meh, a good showing but nothing for me and nothing to get excited for PS5. I do hope the spider man game turns out well.

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Honestly I can't say I'm too interested in any of those titles... I want to say MAYBE Alan Wake but I have them on Steam and never put in more than an hour :p
Wake me when Persona 6 is announced. But maybe they'll do a multi-release with Steam?

Comment