• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Somebody bought Silenthill.com

Kinda sad the domain was snapped up like that, because youre right Konami deffo aren't that bothered, but at least it's being put to good use now :p

Dang it, wish I'd have snapped up that domain.. Imagine the traffic! :zombie_heart_eyes:

Just shows how little Konami care about the franchise these days.

I just checked this again, and it is still the same page. Konami must not be bothered at all.

I'm happy that Konami has took notice of the series again. But I know some people are rightfully mad about the prior issues between Konami and Hideo Kojima.

Konami's showcase was really special. They didn't half-ass it. I was shocked to see four games announced and a third movie as well, even though a few games don't fully hold my interest until I see some actual gameplay.

The game that has me most curious, is f, because that's set in Japan, and no other game in the franchise has been about countries outside the US. I'm also excited about Townfall, especially after finding out that it will have the same engine as the SH2 remake ("Unreal Engine 5"), and may have multiple DLC with different stories. So they could keep working on new DLC for to release a special retail bundle pack, I assume.

The game that has me most curious, is f, because that's set in Japan, and no other game in the franchise has been about countries outside the US. I'm also excited about Townfall, especially after finding out that it will have the same engine as the SH2 remake ("Unreal Engine 5"), and may have multiple DLC with different stories. So they could keep working on new DLC for to release a special retail bundle pack, I assume.
I like the writer who is doing f. He did the When They Cry series of kinectic visual novels, and those were quite interesting and a mind screw. I cannot wait to see what he does with Silent Hill.

There are supposedly a further three games in development, with no other details known as of yet.

Talk about crazy! Konami must be keen to make up for lost time...

I see that Konami is welcoming ideas from the indies. They basically want the series to be revamped in a big way. :)

As of today, this page is still up. Maybe getting domain names aren't actually that important for video games these days.

I guess that's true. I can't say I've ever been to the official resident evil website or whatever.:daydreaming:

So I just randomly checked (again).. and the page now directs to an indie game on Steam!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ooo Konami are gonna be mad about that...

.. Oh wait. They don't care about it. It's such a weird thing to let slip through their fingers and not lawyer up after all this time. Especially as there are tons of SH projects on the horizon!

Hmmmmmm I've contemplated giving it a try.

Kinda worries me that it's just gonna be a disappointing tech demo that will put me off any future game.

As of today, this page is still up. Maybe getting domain names aren't actually that important for video games these days.

I guess that's true. I can't say I've ever been to the official resident evil website or whatever.:daydreaming:
I think they just don't have people who can make websites, and/or know how to market their website. You actually need SEO in order for that website/page to actually work. Konami is just stupid. I laughed at this comment...
They've probably not even realised that it's not still in their possession.. 🙄
As a business or businessman, it's YOUR job to know how to maintain a brand. You're an idiot if you let SilentHill domain go. That's like letting MetalGear domain go. Or MegaMan domain, or DevilMayCry domain...

I am just grateful Konami got their act together after years of being caught up in pachinko hell. And while the series will probably never again live up to the heights of the Team Silent era from 1999 to 2004, that isn't to say it's all gonna turn out drab. Even so, I can see every new game just being instantly shunned or review bombed, mainly because it's not a game being produced by the original devs, it's like P.T. but not like P.T., or they'll find some other daft excuse to execute the bashing of Konami.

I noticed a lot of people still feel salty over Konami's mismanagement regarding Hideo Kojima. I mean, this occurred like a decade ago by this point. But I've never quite understood why he is so overly glorified as a game designer anyway. He only made a demo for a game Konami later had to cancel. But he is not the guy who put the games on the map. We never even seen any real footage of Silent Hills either.

Call me old guard, but the people who made the series to begin with, well they deserve the recognition more than him.

Last edited:
I am just grateful Konami got their act together after years of being caught up in pachinko hell. And while the series will probably never again live up to the heights of the Team Silent era from 1999 to 2004, that isn't to say it's all gonna turn out drab. Even so, I can see every new game just being instantly shunned or review bombed, mainly because it's not a game being produced by the original devs, it's like P.T. but not like P.T., or they'll find some other daft excuse to execute the bashing of Konami.
Yeah, there's at least that...
I noticed a lot of people still feel salty over Konami's mismanagement regarding Hideo Kojima. I mean, this occurred like a decade ago by this point. But I've never quite understood why he is so overly glorified as a game designer anyway. He only made a demo for a game Konami later had to cancel. But he is not the guy who put the games on the map. We never even seen any real footage of Silent Hills either.

Call me old guard, but the people who made the series to begin with, well they deserve the recognition more than him.
Most of the feedback against Konami is because they handcuffed him with regards to actually finishing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Most of the game feel cut. Like the scene with the black kid soldiers - that was removed because they were afraid of controversy. But the thing is, that is what's happening in Africa right now. That class based patriarchy. It's even happening here in U.S. in some places regarding politics. Chapter 3 isn't even done. They left it in there for... what, exactly? To... leave us hanging? Oh my god, Konami doesn't need defending. The game could have been finished. Konami just wanted to be hasty.

Kojima has a keen mind for designing a game. He treats each game like it's a film. So, all those people respect him, so much they left easter eggs in some of the games after his departure. They don't care for the accolades. They want new jobs after Konami. The biggest name in gaming today besides Kojima is the guy who does the art for MGS games. He's now at FromSoftware. Yoji Shinkawa is the name.

Fans loved P.T. so much, it influenced copycats, it influenced inspired games, and it is widespread. Go look for hollow on YouTube, go down that rabbit hole, let the YT algorithm recommend more of the same videos. Shoo. Get in there. Trust me. You'll see what I mean. This is one example:

I'll show a second type:

So this game is more of an apology letter for fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back