• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Second lockdown?

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
I won't post a "Coronavirus" thread, we all know it's here and isn't going anywhere for some time (if ever).. :cautious:

With rising numbers, people panic buying, and restrictions tightened do you think a second lockdown will happen in some form? What do you think would stay open, and what do you think would close again? ..and what about Christmas?

Most of the North East is already in lockdown. Luckily not the part where I live though.

I don't think we will have another nationwide lock down, but you never know.

I was literally just chatting to a friend about the possibility of a second lockdown....

I was one of the unlucky few that couldn't get furloughed from work, when the first lockdown was announced, my workplace was closed for a day and then I was back in work. I wasn't a 'key worker', but we do certain things that NHS and other services may need so I had to work.

I don't think they will (in England at least) do full lockdown. They want to keep the economy moving, and I know for a fact that Black Friday is still going to be a thing which is a bit frightening. How are shops going to control the queues when everyone will be out in force for the deals?

Although the current lockdown in the North East is only anticipated to last a few weeks I believe, similar to previous local lockdowns? We were anticipating a local lockdown in Leeds and Sheffield, but so far we're just on a watch list.

I fully expect a second lockdown of sorts, although I don't envisage quite the same scale of closures.. I think schools will mostly stay open but perhaps in secondary schools they will prioritise Y7, and Y10-13 students in case exams are to go ahead next year. They could provide a partial provision to Y8 and Y9 who are mostly able to look after themselves at home without parent supervision, just to try and reduce numbers slightly. I also think we'll see the re-introduction of queues for shops to reduce numbers again, but with the change in weather they're going to have to think about how that can be feasible.

It's a very fine balance of public health and social economy. I'm glad I'm not a decision maker! 😅

Although the current lockdown in the North East is only anticipated to last a few weeks I believe, similar to previous local lockdowns? We were anticipating a local lockdown in Leeds and Sheffield, but so far we're just on a watch list.

I fully expect a second lockdown of sorts, although I don't envisage quite the same scale of closures.. I think schools will mostly stay open but perhaps in secondary schools they will prioritise Y7, and Y10-13 students in case exams are to go ahead next year. They could provide a partial provision to Y8 and Y9 who are mostly able to look after themselves at home without parent supervision, just to try and reduce numbers slightly. I also think we'll see the re-introduction of queues for shops to reduce numbers again, but with the change in weather they're going to have to think about how that can be feasible.

It's a very fine balance of public health and social economy. I'm glad I'm not a decision maker! 😅

I have said since this pandemic began that I am glad I am not a politician right now. Our current government if fighting a losing battle. No matter what their action is, somebody will be vocal about it.

I wear my mask in public and am currenly avoiding as many gatherings with strangers as I can - I would say I am doing my bit to prevent the spread.

Another lockdown would be terrible for the country, both economically and mentally.

It's being reported that the Government are now considering a near-total lockdown in parts of the North East and "other parts of the UK".

Part of the measures would include the closure of pubs, restaurants and bars for at least 2 weeks, and households would be banned from mixing in any indoor location..

Deja vu? 😒

Yet still my area avoids these restrictions. I am lucky so far!

I don't even know how many lockdowns we've had so far. But the good news is that it looks like we finally might be done with them (touch wood). The government has finally stopped rushing into returning back to normal which is a good sign.

I *think* there's been x3 main lockdowns in England.. With some areas, having their own interim lockdown(s) in between during the tiering system.

I'm under no illusion, this will not be the last of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back