• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

✔️ Completed Scrolling bug

This suggestion has been implemented or fixed
Status
Not open for further replies.

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Reaction score
When I follow a link to Ash's post in Favorite Albums/Artists?, I can't scroll up above the post - the page keeps jumping back down to the post.

Doesn't seem to happen elsewhere so perhaps related to embeds

Using FF on Linux

Tested on Mi Browser (Android) and couldn't replicate. Will try other browsers when I'm able - unless someone else can report back?

It happens on Firefox Mobile if you drag the page with light quick swipes, but a big swipe can get me to the top of the page and break out of the loop.
On desktop also, if I unlock my scroll wheel and just let it roll, I can get to the top of the page, and the bug wont happen again until I refresh the page.

Doesnt seem to happen in Chrome (desktop) either, maybe FF specific?

Quite possibly. Will see if there's some kind of CSS workaround I can implement.

Can confirm it works fine in Waterfox (Chromium), Brave (Chromium), Baselisk (SpiderMonkey) and Vivaldi browsers (Blink/V8).

Replicated the bug with Firefox on Windows.. Definitely appears to be specific to Firefox, looking to see if it's present with stock XF.

Replicated the bug with Firefox on Windows.. Definitely appears to be specific to Firefox, looking to see if it's present with stock XF.
Fixed.. Seems to be related to image attachments.

Again, going to check if this is present with stock XF or it's something with the style.

Setting this back to "In progress" - somebody on XF.com has reached out experiencing a similar issue. Going to set up the post again for testing.

Setting this back to "In progress" - somebody on XF.com has reached out experiencing a similar issue. Going to set up the post again for testing.
So it turns out that XenForo removed some code in 2.2.4 which fixed this bug, but I re-added it to fix an issue with attachments in the Wiki reported via PM by @jamesyfx.. 😆 I've added a more explicit CSS rule to hopefully combat this for the time being. Thanks for the original report @apathy.

This thread has been automatically closed as there has been no further activity relating to this suggestion or feedback after 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Register
Back