• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Saw

• Quality Meat
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
Saw
Title: Saw

Tagline: Live or die. Make your choice.

Genre: Horror, Mystery, Crime

Director: James Wan

Cast: Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Ken Leung, Dina Meyer, Mike Butters, Tobin Bell, Paul Gutrecht, Michael Emerson, Benito Martinez, Shawnee Smith, Makenzie Vega Norfolk, Monica Potter, Ned Bellamy, Alexandra Bokyun Chun, Avner Garbi, Hans Raith, Oren Koules

Release: 2004-10-01

Runtime: 103

Plot: Obsessed with teaching his victims the value of life, a deranged, sadistic serial killer abducts the morally wayward. Once captured, they must face impossible choices in a horrific game of survival. The victims must fight to win their lives back, or die trying...
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Saw is one of the few horror films that I can actually watch, and enjoy. Not too scary and not too gory (yes, I'm a wuss 😂). I loved the idea and the premise of it, and is definitely what I would consider to be "survival horror" depicted in a film. It's not perfect, but few films are.

It's a bit of a shame that the sequels weren't as good - I quite enjoyed Saw II but not as much as the original.

I watched Saw III and IV, but really didn't like them - the grotesqueness was hitting my threshold and I didn't bother with any of them after that.

I did watch couple of films in SAW series but I don't want to watch anymore of that.
It's kinda hard to watch for me as I despise blood and gore quite a lot. I would rather watch something about ghosts rather than humans being so cruel, all the time. When compared to SAW, I prefer Final Destination series. Well, I would recommend this to people who likes gore a lot.

I thought this movie was top of the range when I first seen it in 2006. However, the sequels get increasingly more dumb. As if they can get all of these abandoned buildings to make into "game" zones.

Yeah, I believe John Kramer had obtained the city's blueprints, so he knew what ones to select. But I just found the whole thing too farfetched. Then they kept it going, and you probably have to see all of them to piece together the flashbacks.

How ironic. Like a jigsaw puzzle, really.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back