Salty drivers in multiplayer

Currently reading:
Salty drivers in multiplayer

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
Got to love taking racing games online and encountering salty drivers.. they're perfectly happy to barge you off the track, or use you as a buffer to make a corner they otherwise wouldn't make - but can't handle it when you return said treatment! šŸ¤£

I generally try to keep my racing clean, but must admit that I see the red mist if someone is dirty against me, and make it a vendetta to repay the favour whether in the same race or the next. Once repaid, I tend to get 'fan mail' - erm, you started it pal..!

I've been playing Gran Turismo Sport the past few days.. I figure I ought to try and get the trophies done soon since Sony/Polyphony like to close the servers shortly after releasing the next iteration. Let's just say there is salt in abundance!

Ash

I mainly play online with all my games but racing games are the one gaming genre that I avoid playing online. Just not a great experience with cars rubberbanding all over the place and purposefully hitting you off the track.

Comment
There are people out there who never like to lose or be in last place, they shouldn't play games in the first place.

1 Comment
Oblivion Knight
Oblivion Knight commented
I don't like to lose, but so long as I'm not penalised by the game for doing so (eg. de-ranking) then I'll accept the result.

Ash

The ones that start driving the wrong way around the map are the worst. I think a few new games have started to make those players "ghosts" to avoid giving them the chance to impact the race which is good though.

1 Comment
Oblivion Knight
Oblivion Knight commented
Unfortunately even then, they tend to find a way around it. On the F1 games I've seen people drive really slow, speed up when a car comes up to overlap them and literally aim for them. They can be an absolute nightmare to deal with.. šŸ¤¬

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

jamesyfx

Wiki team
I try to avoid other players as much as possible, unless invited. You just don't know who or what you might be interfering with. I might ruin someone's world record stream or something!

Comment

Ash

Forza seems to be okay so far. I've been competing in a few online races as part of their Forzathon weekly event and it's been okay. Saying that, I might have been guilty of crashing into a few players when trying to turn around a corner too fast. I didn't mean it, I promise!

Comment