• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil Zero
The game's storyline serves as a prequel to Resident Evil, covering Rebecca Chambers' ordeal a day prior.

On July 23, 1998, special police STARS Bravo team is sent in to investigate a series of grisly murders in the Arklay Mountains region outside of Raccoon City. On the way to the scene, Bravo's helicopter malfunctions and is forced to crash land in the forest. The team soon discover an overturned military police transport truck, along with the mutilated corpses of two officers. The team split up and Bravo team's field medic, Rebecca Chambers, finds a train stopped in the middle of the forest.
Rebecca soon discovers that the train, the Ecliptic Express, is infested with zombies.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Capcom

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
You can read more about Resident Evil Zero in the Wiki.

Use this thread to discuss the game. Alternatively, feel free to post a thread with a more specific question and/or discussion!

Did anyone here finish this game?

I tried to enjoy it, but the character switching was so off-putting for me I couldn't stick it out. One of the most frustrating things about RE for me is the inventory management - and now with this game they wanted you to do it twice, and switch items between characters on top of that.

It's crazy to think that this game began life as a Nintendo 64 game. The earlier Resident Evil games tend to have really weird development!

I heard they made it a bit easier with future releases of the game, but I don't really want to throw any money at it as I'm not convinced it's going to be that much better.

I finished it once and don't think I've played it again since.. It didn't make too much of an impression on me, and it felt like a step backwards from the Resident Evil remake.. When I have a bit of time, I'm probably going to do a mass catch-up at some point and play through every Resident Evil game that I own.

I've seen images from the N64 build they worked on.. I'm kinda glad they delayed it, but it definitely seems to have had one of the more "troubled" developments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got to the end, but am replaying intact the moment. Fingers crossed!

Did anyone here finish this game?

I tried to enjoy it, but the character switching was so off-putting for me I couldn't stick it out. One of the most frustrating things about RE for me is the inventory management - and now with this game they wanted you to do it twice, and switch items between characters on top of that.

It's crazy to think that this game began life as a Nintendo 64 game. The earlier Resident Evil games tend to have really weird development!

I heard they made it a bit easier with future releases of the game, but I don't really want to throw any money at it as I'm not convinced it's going to be that much better.
Its currently 3.99 on offer in the Xbox store, i bought it the other day 😊

All the resident evil games are super cheap at the moment :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back