• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil GBC (Unreleased)

• jamesyfx
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Resident Evil GBC was a planned version of the original Resident Evil for Gameboy Color. It was way too ambitious, the platform was just far too limited. It was cancelled with about 10% left to finish, and replaced with Resident Evil: Gaiden.

However, the game has resurfaced, and a number of prototypes have been discovered and dumped for all the world to see.

I recorded the opening part of the game so you can all see what it would have been. It's actually alarming just how faithful to the original game it is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's quite difficult to play, as you can imagine. It would have been a whole lot worse on a tiny, non-backlit or frontlit screen. Plus the whole save point idea would not have worked well on a handheld that you could not put into a 'rest' mode.

What do you think? Should they have continued with development and pushed it out? Or is it better off dead?

Another bit of Resident Evil history I wasn't aware of.. You're on fine form, James!

It's not too difficult to see why it was scrapped.. It looks and sounds pretty awful, although I admire the attempt to remain faithful to the original game.

Stay dead.. Please stay dead 😅

I want to play.

/me goes off to find the ROM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back