• Umbrella Online is a community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    It's a great way to network, meet like-minded people … and it removes this notice.

Registering is quicker, easier, and more secure than ever - and it's free!
    There's no annoying CAPTCHA process, no adverts, and no hidden "premium" options..

What are you waiting for, a zombie apocalypse? #GetInvolved!

Resident Evil Archives

Currently reading:
Resident Evil Archives

Did anyone ever play the GameCube Resident Evil Remake on Wii or Resident Evil 0 ?

I did and honestly I really enjoyed them, I had played the GameCube versions but it was pretty satisfying using the Wii controller for the game, there is no motion controls, it's literally just the same game overall, but I just really enjoyed it.

I am planning to buy both of them for Wii again to bolster my Resident Evil Collection overall and I like the discs on the Wii too, especially the Resident Evil 0 disc.

Another plus was not having the change the discs over. :v

Capcom are known for re-releasing games over and over in general so it didn't surprise me when they re-released these two games for the Wii.

1641426435799.jpeg
1641426450839.jpeg

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I've not actually heard of these... that's a first for me! I thought I knew them all. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I've played the GameCube versions and the PC ports.. had no clue they put them out on Wii though.

So how does it even work? Do you just control it with a sideways wii remote? It seems strange that they would put the work in to produce these as the Wii console literally plays GameCube games. I guess it's less hassle overall as you can play with a wireless wii remote.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
I'm freeee.. free fallin'!
Likewise, I had no idea they got a release on Wii.. I'm guessing the graphics were somewhere between the GameCube versions and the HD remasters?

I'm not so keen on the boxarts, but perhaps that's just me being picky šŸ˜…

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
So I had a little look into these and apparently they DID make a few slight changes which are unique to these versions.

Chiefly, they changed one of the fonts in Resident Evil 0 and they also re-recorded or replaced some sound effects which isn't found in any other editions.

Comment