• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

đź“° News Resident Evil 4 Remake -- It's Official!

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
After many, many years of rumours and general spit-ballin', Capcom have finally announced the full-fledged remake of Resident Evil 4 which will be coming to Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5 and PC platforms simultaneously in March 2023, so just under a years time at the time of posting.

This game was an inevitability. Capcom have been remaking Resident Evil games gradually since 2001, when they first released the Resident Evil Remake on the Nintendo GameCube. It was also around the same time that the original version of Resident Evil 4 was released and again, a GameCube exclusive at the time. Since then, we've also had remakes and HD updates of Resident Evil 2 and 3, as well as the Remake and Resident Evil Zero.

Still, not a great deal is known about the Resident Evil 4 remake as such, but it's thought to be an expanded, modern reinterpretation of the original. We'll go ahead and assume that it'll follow the same storyline, potentially combining what was originally extra content such as Ada Wong's Separate Ways into the core game.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Didn't watch the State of Play myself but one of my buddies did send me on the trailer - consider me excited, I think it looks great. Looks like there's a bigger emphasis on the Horror this time around, which is certainly interesting - IMO the horror kinda died off once you left the Village in the original game.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back